RN MAT Care Manager FEATURED
The RN MAT Care Manager serves as the primary nursing support for medical providers delivering Medication Assisted Treatment services, including Suboxone and Vivitrol Treatment. The RN MAT Care Manager provides education and support to patients with chronic substance use conditions and, in partnership with the patient and medical staff, develops a care plan that is the right fit for the patient’s condition(s) to ensure needed access to behavioral health and medical services and education/supports on self-management of medical condition(s).EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
Nursing degree from an accredited nursing school plus 3 years of progressively responsible nursing experience. Must also have 3 years of experience providing services to adults with substance use diagnoses from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds, as well as exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required. Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification is required.Licensure Requirements for Clinical Positions
Credential(s) Required: Licensed as a Registered Nurse.MISSION STATEMENT
Wheeler provides equitable access to innovative care that improves health, recovery and growth at all stages of life.
Wheeler Clinic offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Good Health
- Anthem Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with company contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Wellness Programs
- Free annual flu shots
For a Secure Future
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Company paid long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Plan, with clinic contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Training and development opportunities
For Work Life Balance
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling
- Employee discounts at local spa and on cell phone services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides nursing support and care management services to patients presenting for medication assisted treatment (MAT), including all duties related to patient care, such as rooming, vitals, referrals, patient education, coordinates medication delivery, ensures that required lab work is complete, and schedules and arranges follow-up appointments. Patient supports are provided pre-, during, and post-MAT treatment.
- Develops, in consultation with the patient and the Medical staff and Clinicians, a comprehensive, person-centered care self-management plan that includes all relevant information on MAT, in addition to other medical, behavioral health, and dental relevant information.
- Identifies and/or develops MAT education and supportive interventions to increase patients’ skills and confidence in managing their health, including regular assessment of progress and setbacks, goal setting, and relapse prevention support.
- Educates patients and/or family members on MAT, including medication administration, storage, safety, responsibilities, program expectations and patient treatment agreements.
- Participates with regular staff meetings focused on coordinating care within an interdisciplinary team, providing the team updates on patients’ progress in care.
- Engages patients in health and wellness related life skill development and activities.
- Performs job responsibilities consistent with standards for best practice nursing, including excellent communication with all providers to ensure the delivery of high quality care.
- Follow-up with internal and external medical providers when barriers to care are identified.
How to Apply