Psychiatrist – Child and Adolescent
Our exceptional Psychiatric Department is looking for an Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist to join UCFS!
In collaboration with the UCFS Behavioral Health Team, the Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist is responsible for providing quality client centered psychiatric care services for patients (primarily children and youth and their families) including comprehensive psychiatric evaluations, routine follow-ups and emergency interventions. Develop and implement patient psychiatric treatment plans, records, and progress notes per agency policies and procedures and approved protocols developed within the guidelines of the American Psychiatric Association.
- Provide client centered psychiatric health care for patients including but not limited to:
Conducting a psychiatric evaluations including ordering /performing /interpreting screening and diagnostic procedures and tests
Conducting routine follow-up visits for monitoring prescribed medication
Conducting emergency consultation, evaluation or follow up visits as needed
Providing treatment according to accepted agency standards, protocols and policies
Assisting in the management of referred and/or complex problems
Documenting assessment findings, treatment recommendations and plan for continuing care in the clinical record
Maintaining productivity standards
- Collaborate with physicians, clinicians, other agency providers, clinical support staff, administrative staff and community resources in meeting patient and family needs
- Provide health promotion, education and counseling for patient/families related to medication, diagnosis, health issues and coping strategies
- Maintain accurate, legible medical records and returns all assigned charts or patient data (lab reports, consultations, etc.) to medical records in a timely fashion
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of principles of fire, safety, infection control, and OHSA guidelines
UCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with 8.5% employer contribution, and company-paid life and disability insurance. We also offer generous paid time off, flexible schedules, National Health Services Corp. Loan Repayment, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program and competitive salaries
- Doctor of Medicine
- Licenses or license eligible in the State of CT with appropriate prescribing credentials and licenses.
- Specialty training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Relevant experience working with, evaluating and prescribing for clients with mental and behavioral health diagnosis and working with children, youth and their families.
- CT MD License with specialty in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Valid CT Driver’s License
How to Apply
Please apply on our Career Page. https://www.ucfs.org/hr/
Link: Job & Application Details
United Community and Family Services