UCFS is looking for candidates who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others! We are currently seeking a full-time Clinician (35 hours) Primary Care LCSW to provide overall clinical support, clinical consultation to the primary care team and patients involved in the practice. Collaborate with the care team to ensure early screening and detection of mental health and substance use disorders. Serve as a resource for the care teams and patients to access services such as peer/family counseling and support, screening, assessment, brief treatment, consultative services, education and engagement, linkages, outreach and advocacy.
Essential Responsibilities –
- Work collaboratively, as a member of the care team, to conduct brief, non-stigmatizing screenings to evaluate the needs of adults and older adults, adolescents, and/or children for mental health, substance use and support services, based provider/nurse referral, patient health record review, direct interview and interaction with the family and/or discussion with other staff members who interact with the family.
- Perform comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessment for mental health, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, domestic violence and medical needs. Conduct and document follow-up service as appropriate based on results of evaluation.
- Provide behavioral health services in low-intensity/brief treatment, problem-solving therapy and behavioral activation in a culturally, linguistically and age appropriate manner.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate plans for the provision of mental health and support services jointly with the family, Psychiatrist, Medical Provider(s), and other staff members as appropriate.
- Provide early interventions, referrals, scheduling and tracking to specialty mental health services, intensive psychological or psychiatric support services, as appropriate.
- Provide consultation on clinical best practice, clinical documentation and client engagement to primary care staff.
- Participate in ongoing training in adult behavioral health issues and provide training to primary care clinic staff in mental health topics including counseling skills and confidentiality, medication use and misuse, substance abuse, wellness, rehabilitation, recovery and self-sufficiency.
- Master’s degree (MSW)
- CT State Licensure for LCSW
- Strong computer skills including effective use EPIC (our electronic health record system)
- 3- 5 years of experience working a medical social work, clinical assessment, evaluation and treatment for mental health and substance use disorders
- Ability to work in a consultative and collaborative role while being part of a primary care team
- Experience in integrated a primary care/behavioral health setting preferred
- Nursing knowledge or experience working in a nursing environment (i.e. hospital, home health, etc.) helpful.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred with pay differential offered
- All employees at UCFS are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19
UCFS is committed to the professional development of our clinicians through:
- Weekly clinical supervision towards licensure hours
- Training and development opportunities to include free access to in house training and a yearly stipend for use towards trainings not offered at UCFS to earn CEU’s.
- Team meetings and case collaboration
- Opportunity to develop groups with all populations with a focus on supporting you to reach your professional goals
- Opportunities to be trained in specialty areas to include: ARC, TFCBT, MATCH, Treatment of Disordered Eating and Autism Spectrum Disorders
- UCFS prides itself in utilizing a supportive team approach to include interdepartmental collaboration to help better serve our communities.
- Promoting self-care for our employees including an Employee Assistance Program
UCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Flexible hybrid schedules
- Competitive salaries
- Generous paid time off including 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, paid company holidays and 10 sick days each year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer contribution
- Paid life and disability insurance
- National Health Services Corp. Loan Repayment
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
UCFS does not just welcome diversity, we celebrate it! We strive for diversity throughout our organization to reflect and represent the communities we serve. UCFS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
United Community and Family Services