- Provide medical care to clients/families in accordance with standards of professional ethics and practice, standards of Quality Assurance and AMA standards of care with the aim of assuring the quality of medical care provided to clients; ensure patient communication and documentation with clinical findings, recommendations and treatment plans while promoting healthy behaviors and lifestyles.
- Provide continuity of care for clients and families through participation in on-call rotations; when appropriate provide care in the acute care setting in which one has admitting privileges
- Ensure that special and holistic needs of clients/families are met through the referral process to specialists and other providers of care (i.e., dentist, home care, behavioral health etc.) participation in interdisciplinary case conferencing and collaboration with other departments within UCFS and the community
- Prepare and complete timely, adequate, legible and appropriate medical records for each occasion services are provided to clients. Ensure agency and quality assurance protocols with medical records and client charts are adhered to.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and clinical record review sessions to address clinical issues, new protocols, changes in procedures, review of infection control issues & quality assurance standards, etc., and assist with the implementation of any/all revisions or changes.
- Maintain best practice knowledge level by participation in continuing education opportunities, and utilization of current professional reference materials; maintain continuing education requirements as needed for licensure and board certification; maintain affiliation with and evaluation of teaching programs as needed
- Provide student intern &/or resident routine clinical supervision and/or mentoring in keeping with school agreement/contract as directed, while ensuring the consistent delivery of quality care based on standards of practice, inclusive of quality assurance, safety and infection control.
UCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes – · medical, dental and vision insurance · 401(k) plan with an employer contribution · Flexible Spending Account · Health Savings Account · company-paid life and disability insurance · generous paid time off (holidays, vacation, floating holidays, sick time) · flexible schedules · competitive salaries · National Health Services Corp. Loan Repayment · Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program · Employee Assistance Program
- Doctoral Medical degree (MD)
- Physician licensed to practice in the State of Connecticut
- Board certified or board eligible in a primary care specialty
- 3 to 5 years of experience preferred with a strong community health/public health orientation and patient care management experience
UCFS does not just welcome diversity, we celebrate it! We strive for diversity throughout our organization to reflect and represent the communities we serve. UCFS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT Employment at UCFS is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the agency’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
How to Apply
United Community and Family Services