Medical Billing Specialist
Process healthcare claims and payments, routine deposit operations, respond to client, medical provider and insurance company inquiries. This is a full time position in a fast paced work environment.
- Processes all billing for outpatient services including verification of medical coding
- Processes electronic claims; reviewing claim forms for accuracy and correcting as needed
- Completes client insurance verification’s and treatment authorizations
- Investigates and resolves denied or aged claims with insurance companies
- Provides assistance to clients with payment inquiries, explaining statements and charges, establishing payment plans and answering related questions
- Performs routine posting of payments and prepares deposits
- Associates degree in related field with at least one year experience or equivalency of High School diploma plus 3-5 years of experience with insurance billing, procedures & practices in a medical office, health center or hospital.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service and communications with computer and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and detail in a fast paced environment
- Ability to use MS Office Suite, Internet, e-mail and Practice Management Systems.
Salary is dependent on experience