Physician – Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Physician will plan and carry out patient centered medical care including diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of diseases and injuries of internal organ systems for adults by performing the following duties in accordance with UCFS, AMA, NCQA and Backus Hospital Standards of Practice.
Duties will include:
- Provides patient centered medical care to clients/families of all ages in accordance with standards of professional ethics and practice, NCQA guidelines, AMA standards of care and WWBH hospital privileging standards and UCFS policies and procedures ; Meets documentation standards; analyzes records, reports, test results or examination information to diagnose patient medical condition; ensures patient communication with clinical findings, recommendations and treatment plans
- Provides continuity of care for clients and families through participation in on-call rotation; when appropriate, provides care in the acute care setting in which one has admitting privileges and provides back up coverage for other primary care providers; Makes referrals and follows up on education, counseling and self-care management strategies.
- Ensures that special and holistic needs of clients/families are met through utilizing preventive health screening, treating common health problems, referring to specialists, utilization of primary care team members and other providers of care (i.e., dental behavioral health etc.), participating in interdisciplinary case conferencing and collaborating with other departments within UCFS and the community
- Identifies and responds to potential and/or high-risk situations inclusive of notification of such agencies as Department of Elderly Affairs, Department of Children and Families as appropriate; participates in the development of health risk management protocols;
- Participates in the organizational plan for clinical operations, including but not limited to, identification of activities designed to respond to community health need, epidemiological trends, access issues, etc.
- Physician licensed to practice in the State of Connecticut
- Valid DEA license
- BLS and ACLS required
- Board certified or board eligible in a primary care specialty
- Must maintain credentialing requirements for acute care hospital, third party payers, and standards as may be needed by agency accrediting body
- A valid CT driver’s license is also required