Human Resources Generalist
UCFS is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to provide a broad range of Human Resources services organization wide with a particular emphasis on Recruitment, Employee Benefits and HR Analytics. Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Responsible for recruitment of positions throughout the agency and working directly with Hiring Managers throughout the lifecycle of the requisition including developing and updating job descriptions to determine desired skills set for open positions, posting positions, sourcing candidates, assessing applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, & experience and conducting initial interviews, as needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of recruiting strategy for the agency including innovative recruitment sources for active and passive candidate sourcing. Represent UCFS at job fairs throughout year.
- Provide support to employees in all areas of Human Resources, including implementation of UCFS policies and practices. Partner with Supervisors and Managers to effectively meet their Human Resource needs providing advice and assistance in all areas of HR.
- Provide ongoing administration of the organization’s employee benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, long-term disability, life insurance and voluntary benefit plans. Responsible online benefits portal, reconcile monthly invoices, vendor contacts, assist employees with elevated issues and mid-year changes benefit plans and COBRA administration. Coordinate annual open enrollments and make recommendations on policy and plan changes.
- Manage and perform ongoing administration of organization’s self-administered Unemployment Compensation; respond to unemployment notice requests, represent organization at unemployment hearings; maintain reports and related data.
- Assist with the development of organization’s Affirmative Action plan and completion & filing annual EEO-100 reports; responsible for reporting of workforce statistics and other HR KPI’s.
- Assists in the development and presentation of employee in-house trainings including new employee orientation, New Supervisor Boot Camp, Leadership Development and other trainings through UCFS University.
UCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with an employer contribution, and company-paid life and disability insurance. We also offer competitive salaries, generous paid time off, flexible schedules, National Health Services Corp. Loan Repayment, and Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
UCFS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or of three to five years Human Resources experience, prior recruiting experience a strong plus.
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred.
- Exceptional communications, interpersonal relations and coaching & counseling skills
- Demonstrated analysis, project/program & time management and customer service skills
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively & effectively with all levels within and outside of an organization, possessing skill and finesse to gain cooperation of others
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Excel and HR systems required.
- Valid CT State Driver’s License in good standing and ability to use own insured reliable vehicle on-the-job