UCFS is currently seeking a full-time Chronic Care Management Registered Nurse to provide chronic care and education for the Primary Care population including Health Promotion, Wellness and Disease Prevention. The RN Educator will coordinate patient education to improve patient satisfaction, enhance quality patient outcomes and safety, reduce the occurrence of adverse events, and decrease hospital and emergency room admissions.
Essential Responsibilities –
- Work collaboratively with the QI department to develop an agency standard of patient teaching material to improve patient outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with providers to develop topics and objectives for group and individual patient visits (i.e., diabetes, hypertension, asthma, obesity, cardiac risk reduction and stress reduction) and promotion of wellness.
- Responsible for patient education in Primary Care including, Process, Theory and Teaching strategies. The RN Nurse Educator will be responsible for individual teaching at time of visit with the provider to enhance understanding of acute and or chronic illness and will also include group discussion visits as necessary.
- Utilize the Nursing Process as a method for tailoring patient education including Evidence Based Practice Guidelines, printed educational materials, and a wellness newsletter; also to promote positive behavioral changes to facilitate wellness and medication compliance. Assist patient with self-management of chronic disease process including patient goal setting, teach-back method of learning and will promote patient advocacy that extends into the wider community.
- Focus on Primary Prevention, Secondary Prevention and Tertiary Prevention.
- Role will also include Primary Care RN duties but not limited to, assisting the patient with prescription needs/refills; TRIAGE including telephone and face to face patient encounters, coordinates services with families including outside organizations.
- Act as a client advocate to pursue financial assistance, initiates referrals to community based organizations as needed (Home Care, Healthy Start, Dental, and Behavioral Health).
- Evaluate patient care guideline and determine areas of improvement and education. Skill highlights required for this position include, clinical expertise, medication administration understanding, collaborative nature, remarkable interpersonal skills, and on-going continuous professional development.
- Administer treatments/immunizations/medications to patients as ordered by the physician or based on standing orders.
UCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes –
· medical, dental and vision insurance
· 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
· Flexible Spending Account
· Health Savings Account
· company-paid life and disability insurance
· generous paid time off (holidays, vacation, floating holidays, sick time)
· flexible schedules
· competitive salaries
· National Health Services Corp. Loan Repayment
· Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
· Employee Assistance Program
- Associate’s degree with at least 5-7 years experience (Ambulatory care experience preferred)
- Registered Nurse Licensed to practice in the State of Connecticut
- Prior experience Nurse Educator experience with group visits preferred
- Cover the on-call weekend/evening schedule on a rotating basis
UCFS does not just welcome diversity, we celebrate it! We strive for diversity throughout our organization to reflect and represent the communities we serve. UCFS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at UCFS is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the agency’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
How to Apply
United Community and Family Services