Bilingual Family Clinician
United Community and Family Services (UCFS) has opportunities for a Bilingual Master’s level or Licensed therapists/counselors in our expanding Multidimensional Family Therapy Program (MDFT). This position is ideal for both new graduates and experienced clinicians/therapists. The MDFT model is an exciting evidence-based model that can help reduce substance abuse, family conflict, and behavioral problems in adolescents. Therapists are provided with excellent support and consultation with MDFT trainers and supervisor. Therapists work with both adolescents and parents/caregivers providing excellent opportunities for career and skill development in individual and family therapy. Check out the MDFT website at www.mdft.org to learn more about this exciting opportunity. If you are interested, contact us today to set up an interview to see if MDFT is for you!
- Assess, evaluate and diagnose mental, emotional, developmental and behavioral difficulties in adolescents and families based on MDFT clinical standard of practice in a home or community based setting;
- Formulate treatment plans and treatment plan reviews based on assessments.
- Provide clinical treatment within framework of Multidimensional Family Therapy evidenced based model and maintain model fidelity.
- Provide MDFT core interventions to adolescents and families during weekly sessions.
- Maintain line of communication with supervisor and support staff, and coordination of treatment with psychiatrists
- Coordinate services with other relevant providers involved in a given case (e.g. school personnel, Department of Children and Families, courts, etc.)
- Complete all required documentation for treatment planning, billing, and licensure within a timely manner
- Video record adolescent and family sessions as required to meet MDFT supervision, certification and re-certification expectations.
- Participate in live sessions with client, supervisor and MDFT consultants as required.
- Participate in MDFT booster trainings as required.
- Respond to crises, assess need, formulate disposition and implement appropriate level of care.
- Rotate after-hours on-call with program staff.
This position must be bilingual in Spanish. Candidate must have experience working with substance use. Candidate must be willing to travel up to 70% of the time. Candidate must willing to work late afternoons, early evenings, and will have expectation of on call.
UCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with an employer contribution, and company-paid life and disability insurance. We also offer generous paid time off, flexible schedules, National Health Services Corp. Loan Repayment, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program and competitive salaries.
- Master’s degree (MA,MFT, LMSW) with 0-3 months of experience.
- Knowledge of substance use and working with families.
- Traveling up to 70% of the time.
- Valid Drivers license
- Monday through Friday Hours may vary, evenings to be expected.
- Bilingual required