Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford, and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are currently recruiting for an EMR Implementation/Clinical Informatics Specialist.
In this dual role, the EMR Implementation and Clinical Informatics Specialist supports all aspects of EMR implementation, configuration, and training when appropriate. This position will interact directly with providers to configure, test, implement and support the use of the EMR, chart scanning, chart abstraction and documenting workflows. In addition, this position will provide ongoing support for service areas and clinical process optimization, through collaborating with the healthcare team, and other stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes, as well as perform project management and implementation activities for clinical application systems.
- Designated as a clinical super user.
- Responsible for analyzing and supporting clinical applications, including Intergy EHR, Dentrix (Electronic Dental Record), Practice Analytics, and Careware.
- Manages and implements clinical system related projects.
- Communicates with the clinical staff related to assessing and defining clinical operational workflows, clinical system requirements and solutions, and making necessary system changes to support workflows.
- Responsible for preparing clinical reports on clinical quality measures for Meaningful Use in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists in collecting clinical outcomes data and performs analyses in support of clinical process improvement initiatives.
- Provides clinical systems expertise and training to clinical system users as needed in conjunction with clinical learning and development manager
- Prepares and facilitates systems training, including updates and enhancements to all clinical applications and support systems.
- Designs, develops and maintains custom clinical content for the electronic medical records system, electronic dental record or any clinical interface software (e.g., forms, immunizations, correspondence, orders, and macros).
- Provides detailed analysis, validation and correction of data within clinical applications, including Intergy EMR and Dentrix, interface engine application and associated modules.
- Performs clinical application monitoring and planning, utilization tracking and reporting.
- Provides clinical application/system maintenance when appropriate.
- Recommends and supports streamlining of processes to increase clinical system and/or applications functionality and productivity.
- Acts as a resource for providing clinical systems industry knowledge and other support activities.
- Performs post-clinical system upgrade training in coordination with clinical learning and development manager to all providers, including creating all documentation necessary.
- Provides clinical support and maintenance activities for clinical interfaces such as lab and hospital interfaces.
- Manages direct messaging, phone interface applications, phone messaging system, patient portal and any other applications related to clinical applications or the appointment system.
- Manages help desk tickets related to clinical applications and systems in a timely and thorough manner.
- Enrolls new EMR users into the EMR/EDR, performs initial assignment and monitoring of EMR user security and privileging levels.
- Handles the EMR/EDR/PA systems regarding bug reporting and improvement requests.
- Ensures providers are registered to access interfaces (e.g., eRX, Controlled Substance, labs).
- Maintains monitoring tables, and tasks configuration.
The incumbent in this position should be analytically strong and familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Ability to learn new applications and/or functionality and create/adapt training documentation to support the application, workflows and processes.
- Ability to integrate workflows, processes and procedures, system functionality, clinical practice and standards of care into training documentation.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
- Privacy is maintained at all times for patient and employee information.
- Strong proven project management, and clinical/software workflow experience.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Healthcare field highly desirable.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) or more years of Health Information Management experience required- community health care setting preferred. Experience supporting and implementing, EMR systems and updates preferred. Clinical informatics background and/or database development experience and use of Intergy preferred.
Working for Optimus:
- OHC provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
- Excellent employer paid benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Optimus and its caring, multi-lingual staff proudly serve our community in a patient-centered environment.
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care