POSITION SUMMARY & FUNCTIONS:
Coordinate the development and administration of CHCACT’s Service to Impact Community Health (STICH) AmeriCorps program.
- Assist the STICH Program Manager with STICH AmeriCorps Member recruitment by posting open positions, tracking applicants, scheduling phone interviews, and coordinating the FQHC selection process.
- Collect, monitor, and track STICH AmeriCorps Member program data and to include in program reports to funders.
- Contribute to completing grant applications on an annual basis and as needed.
- Collect member timesheets, track site supervisor approvals, and review each submission to monitor member activities.
- Organize, develop and facilitate STICH AmeriCorps pre-service orientation (PSO), monthly member meetings, and member graduation in partnership with the STICH AmeriCorps Program Manager.
- Assist the STICH Program Manager and Member Leadership team in planning and developing statewide Member service projects. Responsible for tracking all service projects that the Members participate in throughout the program year for reporting purposes.
- Monitor tracking systems for STICH AmeriCorps Members’ service and training hours per grant requirements.
- Assist the STICH Program Manager with ensuring program compliance through Member on-boarding/the background check process, Member exiting, and Member file management.
- Perform any other department or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using computer systems, software (particularly MS Office Suite) products and data related office equipment.
- Able to compile, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit, or verify information or data as well as document/record information.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment, contributing to the achievement of organization’s objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage work schedules and prioritize tasks, as well as work effectively toward individual and program deadlines and goals. Exceptional organizational skills are a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills. Must be able to communicate well with all individuals within various funding agencies, FQHCs or community partners and also with the general public via email, telephone, and in person.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred or an Associate’s Degree with one to three years prior experience, preferably with a nonprofit, grant based organization. CHCACT strongly encourages past AmeriCorps or Peace Corps alumni to apply for the position as an Employer of National Service.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to use computers and office equipment, manipulate documents and move about the office. Significant time is spent viewing computer screens. The employee may occasionally move materials up to 25 pounds.
The position requires the ability to read, and interpret and communicate information in English.
MENTAL DEMANDS AND REASONING ABILITIES:
Job requires intense attention to detail in completing work tasks, particularly with reviewing budgets. The ability to evaluate information and use logic to address accounting issues and problems is required. Able to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
The incumbent regularly performs work in an office environment. Travel is required for meetings and site visits to FQHCs; travel will be less than 25%.
This position description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. The Association reserves the right to modify, change or add to the position’s job duties and responsibilities as business needs may require.
How to Apply
Please submit resume & cover letter to:
Luci Goodwin, CHCACT, 1484 Highland Avenue, Suite 2, Cheshire, CT 06410, or via facsimile (203) 250-0040, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org