- Assist practitioners; provide patient education and other nursing procedures as assigned in the clinical areas.
- Work with patients to identify barriers adhering to HIV medications, and collaborate with interdisciplinary team (that includes case managers, behavioral health clinicians, and medical providers) to address those barriers in an ongoing and continuous way.
- Meet with patients to ensure they understand their medication regimen, providing special instructions, aids and supplies as needed.
- Track attendance to appointments and follow up with patients to ensure that any missed are rescheduled and to support retention in HIV care.
- Monitor and track HIV+, COVID 19 patients.
- Assist Program Director in ensuring program compliance with care standards and quality key performance indicators; and if needed implement corrective action plans.
- Participate in all HIV team meetings, including Clinical Quality.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Knowledge in HIV infection, HIV medication adherence principles, and HIV counseling required for role.
- Ability to learn CAREWare system
- Knowledge of continuous improvement principles
- Ability to understand and use analytical reasoning to interpret and act on patient care data.
- Spanish-speaking applicants are preferred
The candidate must be available to work eight-hour shifts between 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM and occasional Saturday hours.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 – $27.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 vaccination and masks are required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waterbury, CT 06702: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- and write Spanish fluently (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- unrestricted, CT LPN (Required)
Work Location: One location