StayWell Health Center is seeking a Staff Accountant who will assist in coordinating special projects and/or reporting requirements of a moderate to highly skilled nature. The successful candidate will prepare and process the Center’s bank reconciliation functions, coordinate Center’s office supply purchasing and overall procurement functions under the direction of the CFO and Accounting Manager to ensure compliance with established Center’s policies and procedures, state, federal OMB procurement requirements, and federal Notice of Grant Award requirements.
Some of the responsibilities of this position include:
- Review and prepare timely monthly bank reconciliation for StayWell; notify Accounting Manager and CFO of any discrepancies
- Manage, maintain, and track inventory and fixed assets systems with timeliness and accuracy; issue inventory labels
- Review, prepare, and post all journal entries into general ledger related to commercial loans, fixed asset (depreciation), rent receivable, and all cash receipts in a timely and accurate manner prior to month end close.
- Assist CFO and Accounting team as needed in gathering and compiling UDS data information, in annual mandatory audits, assist in data statistical reporting, cash receipt analysis, to include but not limited to preparation of semi-annual claims report, inventory reporting and various reporting as requested by CFO.
- This Staff Account will be responsible for the ordering of office supplies / equipment / furniture / postage meter supplies and weekly issuance of Purchase Order numbers to all completed and approved internal Purchase Requisitions while adhering and enforcing Center’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Coordinate procurement compliance of the decentralized purchasing team to ensure team is educated and adhering to established policies and procedures, state, federal OMB, and federal Notice of Grant Award requirements.
- Manage and oversee all milestones of tenant invoice process for all leases. Calculate rent supplemental annually per lease agreement
- Perform periodic internal office supply inventory audit on all disposable office supplies, copier, printer, and credit card supplies for all sites. Replenish as needed via Purchase Requisition process
- Maintain and manage the Center’s Cell Phone Stipend Agreements and tracking form
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Associate’s degree in Finance or Accounting required with expectation to complete Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet
- Must exhibit outstanding attention to detail
- Confidential financial support in a high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy
- Proven problem solving, ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple priorities
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work in a changing, fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Exceptional level of organization, analyzation, and prioritization skills
- $500 sign on incentive after successful completion of 90-days with satisfactory attendance and performance
- Competitive salary
- 100% Premium Free core medical coverage; UnitedHealthcare
- 100% Premium Free $25,000 life insurance
- 10 paid holidays annually
- 20 PTO days annually
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Optional supplemental coverage (short- and long- term disability)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $25.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to wear masks and appropriate PPE.