The Grant Development Specialist will lead the grant opportunity research, funder relationship building, proposal writing and submission.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research available grants and eligibility requirements
- Secure opportunities for application
- Community data research
- Preparation and submission of grant applications, including completion of attachments
- Track active contracts and funder requirements
- Work as a liaison with program/operations staff for assigned grants
- Maintain calendar of funder deadlines and grant report due dates
- Communicate information needed to all applicable parties
- Complete or ensure submission of reporting and cooperation with funders
- Interact with and coordinate with colleagues from other departments including MIS, Finance, and Clinical
|· Documented success with grant writing.
· Must be able to travel periodically to various locations within the region.
· Flexible, collaborative and problem-solving thinker.
Skills and Experience
- Thorough knowledge of the community or experienced in quick learning about a community and its resources.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with individuals and organizations.
- Maintain a team-centered cooperative work philosophy.
- Strong supporter of agency mission, programs and services offered.
- Ability to speak before groups effectively.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally with the intended audience.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills and superb attention to detail required.
- Knowledge of healthcare field preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Grant Development Specialist works in an office setting that is adequately heated, lighted, cooled and ventilated. The work environment involves the normal risks and discomforts typical of a community health center.
- Work is primarily sedentary with some walking and standing.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 40 words per minute, operate a telephone, copier, eFax, and other such office equipment as necessary
How to Apply
StayWell Health Center