- The Patient Service Associate (PSA) works closely with patients and clinical teams to create positive patient experiences in support of StayWell Health Center’s (StayWell) mission delivering high quality comprehensive services.
- The Patient Service Associate will welcome patients in a professional and respectful manner, assisting in the registration process, facilitating exceptional patient access to care.
Some responsibilities of this full time, temporary position include:
- Greets visitors to determine reason for visit and destination, directing guests to sign-in and issues visitor passes when required
- Delivers and demonstrates a high level of customer service to communicate in a positive, professional and effective manner with clients, staff and external customers
- Answers incoming external and internal calls promptly with a positive and professional manner, assessing the needs of the caller and facilitating resolutions
- Facilitates patient flow utilizing the practice management system to register, verify visit information, check-in and check-out, and communicate with clinical staff to ensure timely patient visits
- Explains financial responsibilities to patients and collects co-payments, payments, and outstanding balances for rendered services. Prepares and balances collections for deposit daily
- Supports patients in the completion of appropriate forms and reviews for accuracy and completeness
- Accurately enters and updates demographic, UDS, and payer data in practice management system and scans all required documentation efficiently and timely
- Collection and verification of insurance coverage and payer eligibility
- Answers questions about StayWell and informs patients about all available services while facilitating internal referrals across departments
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year experience working in a community health center and/or healthcare office setting
- Bilingual fluency preferred, not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Requires ability to handle frequent patient contact in a courteous and helpful manner
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to apply good judgment in handling patient concerns and interacting with patients from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians, and other employees
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new programs
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, dependability and promptness
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: From $17.50 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- 8 hour shift
StayWell Health Center mandates the COVID-19 vaccine for employees and requires masks be worn at all times at every StayWell site.
- Do you have an unrestricted, valid Connecticut driver’s license and a reliable vehicle or consistent and reliable transportation?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- community health center and/or healthcare office setting: 1 year (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: One location