- Gain knowledge of and adhere to StayWell Health Center policies and procedures. Exposure to operations of a fast-paced, demanding business office. Specific training provided for each activity outlined. Introduction and education relative to health industry compliance as it pertains to Human Resources of a Federally Qualified Health Center. Activities/Resources: Learn Human Resources orientation, Complete StayWell Information Technology orientation, Complete HIPAA training, policy & procedure review, and OSHA training
- Human Resources Administration – Follow processes to convert paper files to electronic records (including personnel information and health care provider credentialing records). Requires the capability to work independently, with little supervision. Activities/Resources: Creating password protected records to be accessible to specific designated staff. Follow proper protocol to destroy (shred) converted paper.
- Monitor and update U.S. Health Resources & Services Administration compliance project Activities/Resources: Perform primary source verification from the original source of a specific credential (education, training, licensure, National Practitioner Data Bank) to determine the accuracy of the qualifications of an individual health care practitioner. Create, scan, and maintain health center medical, dental, and behavioral health staff files.
Requirements: Currently enrolled in a Master’s level program. Human Resources and/or Healthcare majors preferred. Professional communication with internal and external contacts (verbal and written) Must possess a high level of confidentiality. Requires attention to detail and organizational. Suggesting efficiencies toward processes
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Temporary
Salary: $14.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waterbury, CT 06708: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
How to Apply
StayWell Health Center