Seeking a compassionate and professional Housing Coordinator to provide outreach and housing case management to help individuals to obtain and sustain permanent housing. The Housing Coordinator will contact individuals at various locations to provide information and conduct screenings to determine eligibility for the program.
The Housing Coordinator will collaboratively develop an individualized housing plan and will support each accepted individual’s efforts to complete the necessary steps to obtain housing and once housed, to retain that housing.
The nature of this position is extremely independent, requiring excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills, organization and time management skills, common sense regarding personal safety, creative thinking, multitasking, and conflict resolution skills.
Some responsibilities of this Housing Coordinator will include:
- Providing outreach and housing-focused case management services
- Conducting initial interviews and applications for HOPWA program
- Assisting accepted individuals with HIV and AIDS to identify goals and develop an independent living plan for the Housing Opportunities Program.
- Coordinating and making referrals to appropriate community resources and to programs within agency and the Greater Waterbury area.
- Conducting outreach activities to community providers and consumers on the Housing Opportunities Program.
- Providing comprehensive coordination of services for persons receiving rental subsidies with the Housing Opportunities Program.
- Conducting required housing inspections.
- Maintaining current consumer records (including data collection activities for electronic records and management information systems), completing all reports, statistics; submitting in a timely manner.
- Attending HOPWA team meetings and other required meetings with program partners.
- Processing Housing and Emergency Financial applications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in social service field from an accredited program; or an associate’s degree in social work from an accredited program; or high school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of paid experience in direct service to HIV target population.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in work related to outreach or social work required.
- English/Spanish bilingual skills a plus
- Competitive salary
- 100% Premium Free United Healthcare Core medical coverage
- Employer paid $25,000 life insurance coverage
- 10 paid holidays annually
- 20 PTO days annually
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Optional supplemental coverage (short- and long- term disability)
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply
StayWell Health Center