|POSITION TITLE||REPORTS TO|
|Data Analyst||Executive Director|
|Full-Time, 40 hours||80% remote – 20% required in office|
|Administration||Greater Waterbury Health Partnership|
|SITES AFFECTED:||Last Reviewed Date:|
|1389 West Main Street||By:|
The Data Analyst will provide improved capacity in support of the Executive Director and the program staff in the process of collecting, joining, shaping, visualizing and communicating data that is needed to define key indicators and measure programmatic impact. The goal is to support and encourage systems change by measuring key indicators that demonstrate progress and impact of GWHP’s programs in a meaningful way.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Executive Director to provide data systems support to GWHP’s initiatives, Partners and the Greater Waterbury community at large.
- Help build and implement a secure and robust data systems architecture for the warehousing and accessing of data and visualization projects related to grants, programs and initiatives.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Waterbury’s data systems ecosystem, working closely with GWHP’s Partners and engage with other community-based organizations.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of GWHP and the local health system. Work with the team on strategy development and review of progress over time.
- Become familiar with the strategic plans and results data for GWHP and develop an ability to help GWHP partners use data to advance progress toward their shared goals and Initiatives.
- Stay current and provide updates on knowledge of technical and social issues related to the data systems locally, statewide, and nationally, including programmatic trends, promising practices, and public policy.
- Combine available data from multiple sources with appropriate analytical methods to create reports that tell the story of GWHP, health disparities and progress towards meeting goals addressing health disparities.
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning and standardization
- Understand and ensure privacy laws and standards are upheld
- Train and educate reporting staff on data collection tools and equipment, as needed
- Work cooperatively with Database Administrator to optimize chosen database usage for outcomes reporting, integrate database with existing HER systems if applicable and develop strategies to better integrate database into existing systems such as HER
- Produce quality insights reporting to make available via website
- Development of data charts using crosstabs supplied by contracted data collection agency for Community Health Needs Assessment reporting
- Create and maintain community/regional/state level pertinent data on organization website
- Must attend relevant and requested meetings virtually and in-person.
- Other duties as assigned
- Intermediate to advanced data-related skills
- Fluency in Excel, Tableau, data manipulation, analysis tools and databases are required
- Strong communication skills and ability to connect with and effectively communicate data concepts and analyses to diverse partners and constituents.
- Work independently to organize, set priorities, and coordinate activities among many stakeholders.
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- Strong community awareness and cultural competency
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks and objectives.
- Skilled in Microsoft office, Teams, Zoom
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record Systems preferred but not required
- Legally able to work in the United States and provide information to complete the I-9 form.
- Candidates must complete a background and reference check
- Flexible work hours (may include some combination of evening and weekday hours)
|· Employee is required to be free and clear of signs and symptoms or evidence of communicable diseases that could be expected to be transmitted during the course of normal scheduled work activity at medical, dental, and behavioral health center.|
|· Receipt of completed Employee Health Certification required biannually including specific immunizations and appropriate frequency as determined by Regulatory Agencies confirming employee has been found to be in adequate mental and physical health and capable of performing their position title.|
|· Basic Annual Safety Training|
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, business analytics, biostatistics, public health, or closely related field. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Minimum of two years demonstrated skills and background in data analytics. Experience working in a health care setting, with an FQHC or community organization beneficial.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone, and via other methods.
- The employee must be able to transcribe, read extensively, and prepare and analyze data and figures
- Work may require sitting for long periods of time, stooping, bending, and stretching
- Work is normally performed in a typical/office work environment
- The work environment involves the normal risks and discomforts typical of a community health center.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, operate a telephone, copier, scanner, eFax, and other such office equipment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $58,000 per year
How to Apply
StayWell Health Center