StayWell Health Center, a fast-paced federally qualified community health center, seeks an Adult Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner who under indirect supervision, and in collaboration with a Psychiatrist provides highly-specialized independent care to a specified population of patients.
Some responsibilities within this rewarding role are:
- Completes psychiatric assessments and evaluations, diagnoses, treats, follows-up, consults, and performs medication management and Behavioral Health education services.
- Ability to utilize DSM V criteria.
- Orders appropriate lab tests for therapeutic drug monitoring and urine toxicology screening.
- Participates as an active member of the Behavioral Health Multi-Disciplinary Team which is responsible for the clinical oversight of diagnostic procedures and treatment plans
- May participate in planning Behavioral Health programs and in developing specific Behavioral Health policies and procedures.
- Pursues continuing education opportunities to update medical and psychiatric knowledge to assure quality patient care while maintaining current certification and licensure.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments where appropriate.
- Board Certification: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Six (6) months to one (1) year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Previous work in community health center or hospital outpatient department desirable
- Strong verbal, writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience with electronic health records
- Ability to adapt to scheduling changes
- Sensitivity to cultural issues and differences
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English desirable
- Competitive salary
- No-cost medical coverage
- No-cost life insurance
- 10 paid holidays annually
- 25 PTO days annually
- Continuing Medical Education stipend
- Licensure expense reimbursement
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- National Health Service Corps Student Loan Repayment eligibility
- 401k for eligible employees
- Optional supplemental coverage (short- and long- term disability) available