Summary: The dental assistant is responsible for assisting the Dentist in the clinical care of a patient and for maintaining the dental equipment as outlined by the Dental Standards of Clinical Practice.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: All duties are subject to accommodation in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Assists the Dentist chair side at all times, including passing and receiving of instruments, oral evacuation and retraction and preparation of materials.
- Takes x-rays under direction of Dentist.
- Provides coverage for support staff as needed.
- Organizes treatment room for each patient, including instruments, records, radiographs, and lab work.
- Conducts blood pressure and health history information as needed.
- Disinfects treatment room and operate equipment in accordance with OSHA, ADA and CDC infection control guidelines.
- Audits supplies monthly and documents what is needed.
- Maintains and monitors laboratory procedures and cases.
- Disinfects and sterilizes instruments according to CDC/OSHA/ADA standards.
- Changes dental solutions as outlined in Standards of Clinical Practice Book and maintains record manual.
- Responsible for equipment care and maintenance.
- Defrosts refrigerator monthly and records, keeping records in chart.
- Updates MSDS book and Q.A. manual.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dental Director or Dentist
- Certification from accredited dental assisting program
- RHS certification required
- ICE certification required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- One to two years prior dental experience preferred.
- Computer literate
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or Business Institute Certificate