Responsibilities and Duties
- Use technology applications to confirm patient identity, enter demographic info into computer and assign label to specimen container.
- Observe and direct specimen collection via nasal and nasopharyngeal swab.
- Proper handling of testing materials and packing them for transport according to guidelines issued by the receiving laboratory.
- Daily cleaning/disinfecting of work area and supplies.
- Contacting patients with test results.
- Ability to work 8 and/or 12 hour shifts per week consistently, including some evenings.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Display compassionate, ethical, and professional demeanor.
- Ability to understand and follow written guidelines.
- Knowledge of computer equipment used such as laptops and label makers for patient information and specimen labeling.
- Ability to meet all safety and regulatory requirements (training provided).
- Must be able to function while wearing PPE (PPE will be provided).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Looking for technicians with a medical background (such as EMT, MA, CNAs).
- Looking for specialists with good admin skills.
Do worthwhile work! Make a difference in people’s lives!
How to Apply
Southwest Community Health Center