The RN Care Manager/Patient Education Specialist oversees the development of community health promotion and education services which encourage and support healthy living concepts to motivate patients to adopt healthy behaviors and promote self-management of their health and wellness. The RN Care Manager/Patient Education Specialist also provides education and support to patients with chronic medical conditions, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, and other chronic diseases accessing care at the Health and Wellness Centers. In partnership with the patient and medical staff, the RN Care Manager/Patient Education Specialist develops a care plan that is the right fit for the patient’s condition(s) to ensure needed access to medical, behavioral, and dental services and education/supports on self-management of medical condition(s). Further, the RN Care Manager/Patient Education Specialist provides education to the patients served.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
Nursing degree from an accredited nursing school plus 3 years of progressively responsible experience providing nursing services to adults from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds, as well as exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required. Experience with care management in primary care settings is preferred. Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
Credential(s) Required: Current State of Connecticut Unencumbered Registered Nurse License.
Wheeler provides equitable access to innovative care that improves health, recovery and growth at all stages of life.
Wheeler Clinic offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Good Health
- Anthem Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with company contribution of $500 per year
- Wellness Programs
- Free annual flu shots
For a Secure Future
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Company paid long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Plan, with clinic contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Training and development opportunities
For Work Life Balance
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling
- Employee discounts at local spa and on cell phone services
How to Apply