Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites in Bridgeport, Stamford, and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider or primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are presently recruiting for a full time Registered Float Nurse to provide direct care to ensure the ongoing development and delivery of medical services to patients within Optimus healthcare. The float Nurse must be flexible to travel to ALL Optimus sites located in Stamford & Bridgeport as needed. This position reports to the Associate Director of Nursing.
The Registered Nurse coordinates the primary care services provided to patients from diverse populations in a professional manner. Works with the Practice Manager, Director of Nursing, Nurse Manager and the medical providers to ensure compliance with Optimus’ standards of care. Provides clinical and administrative support and functions as a resource and mentor for new staff and students assigned to their work site. Assists the Director of Nursing and Nurse Manager in ensuring that nursing staff follow the Nursing Practice Act in their delivery of comprehensive patient care with maintenance of strict confidentiality.
Scope of practice. The practice of nursing by a registered nurse is defined as the process of diagnosing human responses to actual or potential health problems, providing supportive and restorative care, health counseling and teaching, case finding and referral, collaborating in the implementation of the total health care regimen, and executing the medical regimen under the direction of a licensed physician, dentist or advanced practice registered nurse. A registered nurse may also execute orders issued by licensed physician assistants, podiatrists and optometrists, provided such orders do not exceed the nurse’s or the ordering practitioner’s scope of practice.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of the Registered Nurse include but are not limited to:
- Promote and restore patients’ health by implementing the nursing process; collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; provide patients with physical and psychological support; supervise assigned team members.
- Promote patients’ independence by establishing patient care goals; teach and respond to patient’s questions regarding their medical condition, medications, and self-care skills.
- Ensure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measure health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; make or recommend necessary adjustments; follow nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agencies and regulating bodies such as DPH, CMS, HRSA and The Joint Commission
- At the direction of the Nurse Manager, take responsibility for facilitating the clinical orientation for new hire onboarding.
- At the direction of the Nurse Manager, provide performance feedback as needed for LPN and MA. 6. Assist Nurse Manager in daily oversight of the LPN and MA.
- Report clinical and operational issues that need to be addressed within the facility to the Practice Manager, Director of Nursing or Nurse Manager as soon as possible for immediate response.
- Collaborate with Practice Manager and Nurse Manager to keep clinical staff informed of any changes, which need to be implemented.
- Work with providers to coordinate care for patients and to provide appropriate clinical support.
- Resolve patient concerns and/or complaints by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Monitor all tracking systems for patient’s results and ensure that all referrals/images are processed and tracked per Optimus’ policy.
- Assist the Nurse Manager to oversee tasks of the clinical staff and its timely completion.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Assist the Nurse Manager with maintenance of standard room inventory.
- At the direction of the Nurse Manager, take responsibility for submitting supply order for medical supplies.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Delegate and monitor duties according to staffing and competencies.
- Perform triage and direct patient care as needed.
- Assist the Nurse Manager to maintain and oversee the medication sample closet.
- At the direction of the Nurse Manager, oversee the VFC Program per DPH protocols.
- At the direction of the Nurse Manager, oversee the CIRTS Program and vaccines management for children birth to age 2 years.
- Participate in Morning Huddles in preparation for patient visits.
- Assist the Nurse Manager to ensure clinical staff is competent on Point of Care testing and procedures.
- Assist Nurse Manager with management the emergency medication kit.
- Remain current with new trends and philosophies in nursing care.
- Participate in committee meetings as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL REQUIREMENTS Professional positive attitude, vision, understanding of customer service principals, trustworthiness, and excellent interpersonal skills to successfully accomplish tasks necessary to meet high standards of ethical and social responsibility required by this position. Must possess a valid current State of Connecticut Registered Nurse license. Requires the ability to drive to satellites to provide clinical coverage and to attend committee meetings.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: • Has the ability to work with staff with different skill levels and diversity. • Excellent spoken and written communication skills. • Excellent leadership and motivational skills. • Ability to build relationships with colleagues at all levels. • Ability to plan and prioritize own work and that of others when needed. • Proficient in using EMR; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PPT
EDUCATION: Graduated from an accredited registered nursing program approved by the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health with an Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one to two years of experience as an RN or prior experience as an LPN in a community health setting.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bi-lingual English / Spanish is helpful; Demonstrate the ability to effectively translate medical terminology as assessed by successful completion of language proficiency.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic mathematical skills as it relates to medication administration.
Working for Optimus:
- OHC provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
- Excellent employer paid benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Optimus and its caring and multi-lingual staff proudly serve hundreds of thousands of our neighbors, in a caring patient-centered environment.
OPTIMUS HEALTH CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care