Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites in Bridgeport, Stamford, and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider or primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status. We are currently looking for an RN Coordinator for our Stamford location.
The RN Care Coordinator will manage Optimus’ high and medium risk population in collaboration with our care teams.
The RN Care Coordinator will actively participate with their patients to identify and facilitate options and services for meeting their individual’s health needs, with the goal of decreasing fragmentation and duplication of care, and enhancing quality, cost-effective clinical outcomes.
RN Care Coordinator will develop, implement, and evaluate individualized patient care plans, and serve as a liaison between patients, their families, and care teams.
This is a 100% Grant-funded position
- Identify and address patient needs/ risk factors and/or obstacles to care, and available services and resources
- Develop a patient-centered case management plan including patient self-management goals; assess and address barriers to goals and connect the patient to services and resources to meet established goals
- Provide frequent reassessment, evaluation and direct patient care as needed; document case management plans and on-going activities
- Communicate the care preferences of patients, serving as their advocate, and verifying that interventions meet the patient’s needs and goals of treatment; works with the entire health care team, including outside agencies to achieve the goals and expected outcomes for patients
- Collaborate and facilitate needed changes to the overall plan of care; ensure the ethical and legal issues related to patient care delivery are addressed and that care is provided appropriately
- Provide care team management, leadership and coordination
- Collaborate with LCSW and community health workers to define patient’s needs and assists in plans for social service care; coordinate the patients ongoing care in conjunction with outside agencies as needed
- Work closely with health insurers and other types of payers to oversee plan benefits for patients; ensure that treatment plans are appropriate for patient and coordinates treatment planning with the client’s insurance company or other payers
- Assist and advise the organization in the development of policies and procedures that will guide safe and effective quality of care outcomes; organize care team meetings and is an active participant in the development of quality care initiatives
- Participate in studies and research related to patient outcomes as well as studies that support evidence based practices in health care
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Graduated from an accredited registered nursing program approved by the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health with a Bachelor’s Degree.In addition to clinical expertise, the RN Care Coordinator will possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills and a proficient understanding of how the health care system works, including regulations, resource availability, and the financing of medical care. Exercise critical thinking, ethical decision making, and independent judgment in using the nursing process to provide care to patients. Manage information and resources, contributing to the achievement of optimum patient outcomes in a cost effective manner as part of the PCMH health care team.
License/Certification: Valid and current RN License to practice in the State of Connecticut.
Experience: 3-5 years of relevant clinical/health care industry experience: Ability to work well with diverse and special populations; motivational interviewing techniques
- OHC provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
- Working for Optimus:
- Language Skills: Bi-lingual English / Spanish is helpful.
- Excellent employer paid benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Optimus and its caring and multi-lingual staff proudly serve hundreds of thousands of our neighbors, in a caring patient-centered environment.
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care