A responsible individual who provides supervision of the house during assigned hours. In addition, under the direct supervision of the Program Director or designee, he/ she coordinates and facilitates social programs for residents. Requires week end availability, 20 hrs. /week
- Responsible for house during shift hours.
- Supervision of residents in planned various activities and provides necessary approved transportation.
- Supervises residents meal preparations, clean-up and daily chores.
- Acts as a role model for residents.
- Responsible for clients and the facility safety and security, including substance abuse screening with the appropriate follow-up discipline.
- Maintain confidential progress notes and other documentation on client activity.
- Participates in in-service training, supervision and workshops toward the development of increased knowledge of chemical addiction, individual and group counseling.
- Perform other related tasks as directed by the Program Director.
- Capable of responding to emergencies and incidents as they occur.
- In the event of staff shortage, you may be required to work up past your shift until relief can be found
- Must be awake and alert during shift hours.
- May be required to transport clients in personal or Agency vehicle.
- Good personal, interactive and motivational skills.
- Appropriate and creative social skills to plan activities and supervise residents.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- CT driver’s license with good driving record helpful
- Associates Degree in Human Services field or high school diploma (G.E.D.) and a working knowledge of substance abuse treatment
How to Apply