Registered Nurse- Pediatric
UCFS is looking for a full time Pediatric Primary Care Licensed Registered Nurse at a busy and fast paced Community Health Center.
The role of the pediatric nurse in the pediatric care team is to facilitate a patient centered, holistic approach to quality driven care for children and families, as evidenced by positive patient health outcomes, HRSA, UDS clinical quality measures meeting goal and working with the QI Team for early intervention to modify work flows, as needed. The nurse will provide safe administration of all VFC vaccines to the pediatric population including documentation in the EMR. The pediatric nurse will work in conjunction with the PCMH+ Nurse, LCSW, Nurse Educator and all care team members to support all initiatives related to SDOH and integrated care.
- Provides patient-centered care through telephone and face-to-face communications to assess changes in condition using established protocols and medical consultation about action plans as needed; Responds to calls from patients, pharmacies, homecare agencies and family members; collaborates with community agencies, Case Manager, PCMH+ Nurse, SBHC Providers and the local school district nurses.
- Assists Provider with physical exams and required documentation for schools. Completes required screenings, and laboratory testing; assures screenings are up to date. Administers and documents all treatments/immunizations/medication as ordered.
- Provides patient services consistent with nursing scope of practice; Educates patient/parent and provides detailed education for patient with specific chronic illness, including the pathology, signs and symptoms, complications and medications used in treatment; assists with prescription needs/refills/pharmacy assistance and prior authorizations; participates in efforts to provide integrated care.
- Assists in the delivery of quality care through implementing, monitoring and evaluating clinical processes to meet clinical outcomes, preventing/addressing patient complaints and incidents, proactively reviewing clinical schedules and implementing continuity of care functions.
- Demonstrates nursing leadership by performing quality work within deadlines, sharing best practice with co-workers and UCFS teams, bringing issues to appropriate manager(s) in a timely manner for resolution and leading by example to support a positive participative work environment, encouraging other staff to do the same. Cross-covers Pediatrics, Adult Medicine, Women’s Health Services and Behavioral Health Services.
UCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with 8.5% employer contribution, and company-paid life and disability insurance. We also offer generous paid time off, flexible schedules, National Health Services Corp. Loan Repayment, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program and competitive salaries.
• CT RN license.
• Graduate of an NLN accredited School of Nursing.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in pediatrics, primary care nursing
• Electronic Medical Record experience preferred.