Community Health Services, Inc. is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for its Adult Medicine department. The RN provides professional nursing care to our adult patient population in accordance with health center established standards and practices.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a current active and valid licensure as a Registered Nurse from the State of Connecticut; at least one year of professional nursing experience is preferred
- Have a solid knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice and the ability to provide high-level patient care up to the highest levels of the RN scope of practice
- Excel at working as part of a healthcare team to assess patient needs and provide education as appropriate
- Demonstrate competence in all basic routine nursing activities, including compliance with infection prevention standards, patient education, medication administration and management,
- Have effective communication skills and be able to work with individuals of all ages
- Possess the ability to provide culturally competent care to a diverse patient population in a collaborative environment.
- Have demonstrated success and a high degree of comfort exercising sound clinical judgment during all aspects of patient care, including triage of patients who present for care on a walk-in, urgent care or telephonic basis
- Have a high degree of comfort with computers, including the ability to use electronic health records systems
- Have CPR Certification or the ability to complete certification upon employment
- Be willing to be held accountable and to hold others accountable for providing superior clinical care.
- Have demonstrated success in maintaining the highest level of confidentiality as required by company policy, HIPAA and another state, federal and local laws and regulations
- All candidates for employment at CHS must successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Some benefit programs available to eligible employees include:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) plan
- 9 paid Holidays
- Sick leave, Medical leave, Military leave and Bereavement leave
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurances
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity Related Absences
- Workmen’s Compensation
- Vacation time
How to Apply
Community Health Services