Title: Director of Nursing
Reports To: Chief Medical Officers of Internal Medicine and Behavioral Health
Classification: First/Mid-Level Officials & Mgrs
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Director of Nursing supervises and coordinates all activities related to nursing/clinical function for CS-HHC. Responsible for planning, organizing, delegating, and controlling the services of the Center in an efficient and cost effective manner; plans, schedules, and evaluates the work of the nursing/clinical personnel. The Director of Nursing establishes goals, objectives and performance standards, and Operating Policies and Procedures, interprets facility policies, standards and regulations for personnel, patients, medical staff and general public.
CS-HHC’s Expectations of all Employees
- Adheres to all CS-HHC Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents CS-HHC’s Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related contacts
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and CS-HHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works cooperatively with the Department Chiefs, Program Managers, Director of Human Resources and Medical Director to ensure compliance to established guidelines of performance by all Nursing Department staff
- Ensures that all nursing staff meets or exceeds minimum requirements for continuing education
- Directs, manages, supervises and/or provides opportunities for in-service training to all nursing and other staff
- Responsible for the recruitment and retention of nursing staff
- Supervises and evaluates assigned personnel in the performance of their required duties. Provides appropriate feedback and conducts timely, fair and accurate performance reviews
- Actively participates in community, state and professional organizations that may favorably impact the visibility and viability of CS-HHC
- Communicates effectively with all departments and services to integrate nursing care as necessary
- Coordinates patient flow with front desk staff
- Collaborates with department chiefs to build efficient clinical departmental and site teams
- Coordinates nursing quality improvement efforts
- Provides direct patient services when appropriate
- Oversees all nursing manuals and protocols
- Assures the proper functioning of equipment and ordering of supplies as necessary
- Performs all other duties as required
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Nursing with a current Nursing license in the State of Connecticut. Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred. Must have current Basic Life Support/CPR Certification.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years management/administrative experience in a health care setting required. Must have valid, unrestricted, state license. Previous experience in cultural diversity competency program development and management of multi-level staff at multiple sites. Substance abuse and HIV experience is helpful.
Knowledge/Abilities: Demonstrated clinical skills. Ability to effectively teach, direct, motivate and retain staff. Must demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills, high level management skills, mathematical computation skills, and familiarity with all patient care equipment and products. Computer skills and data management skills required. Bilingual ability is desirable.
How to Apply
Cornell Scott – Hill Health Center