Quality Improvement Coordinator
Overview: Family Centers is seeking an experienced and dedicated quality assurance/improvement professional to support the needs of our healthcare programs. This position reports to the Director of Quality Assurance and Data Management.
- Participate and support Quality Improvement activities and contribute to the overall performance improvement of Family Centers.
- Lead QA/QI meetings and activities by service area (medical, dental, and mental health)
- Document QA/QI meetings
- Assist Director in implementing and maintaining QA systems, policies and procedures (including document control, training and processes) to ensure compliance and best practices for Health Care programs and data system.
- Collect, prepare, and convey health data information clearly and identify and provide appropriate recommendations for process improvement.
- Prepare monthly clinical performance reports.
- Facilitate quality improvement projects, track progress, and prepare status reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in data preparation for annual UDS reporting.
- Contribute to the building and optimizing of the analytics infrastructure.
- Work on data integrity issues.
- Support users in EHR.
- Attend monthly/periodic statewide meetings.
- Work with medical and care coordination team in the areas of chronic care management, reducing gaps in care and patient education to improve clinical outcomes.
- Maintain strong relationships with the health care team and other departments.
- Develop skill sets that furthers the mission of the health center.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field (Business, Analytics, Quality, Healthcare).
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics.
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills.
- Desired experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement in Healthcare or FQHC.
- Familiar with concepts of Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Joint Commission Standards, NCQA, and HRSA quality performance measures.
- Experience working with providers and healthcare teams.
- Ability to document and communicate concepts effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; expertise in Excel.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to relate well to all employees at all different levels and work easily on multidisciplinary teams.
- Comfortable and effective in presenting in group settings.
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word proficiency.
- Able to travel between sites and to statewide meetings.
About Family Centers:
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering health, education and human service program to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 250 professionals and 1,200 trained volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services. Through our comprehensive network of services, more than 22,000 children, adults, families, and communities receive the care, encouragement and resources needed to realize their potential.
Salary commensurate with experience. A suite of benefits including generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tax-free spending accounts, disability, life and AD&D insurance. Additional benefits include an employee assistance plan, pet insurance, critical accident and illness, wellness services, tuition reimbursement, and retirement savings. The opportunity to work for an employer consistently rated one of the Top Workplaces in Western Connecticut by Hearst Connecticut Media and a perfect 100 Encompass rating by Charity Navigator 10.
Special Note: As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our community and beyond, it is Family Centers’ commitment to the safety of employees, contractors, volunteers, patients, clients, and student interns, by requiring proof of vaccinations for COVID-19 (or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file).
For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.familycenters.org/ or on our LinkedIn page
Family Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package.