UCFS is looking for candidates who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others! We are currently seeking a full-time (40hr) Psychiatrist to work in collaboration with the UCFS Behavioral Health Team. Responsible for providing quality client centered psychiatric care services for patients, the ideal candidate should be comfortable performing comprehensive psychiatric evaluations, routine follow ups. and emergency interventions. Additional duties include developing and implementing patient psychiatric treatment plans, records, and progress notes per agency policies, procedures, and approved protocols developed within the guidelines of the American Psychiatric Association.
Essential Responsibilities –
- Conducting psychiatric evaluations including ordering/performing/interpreting screening and diagnostic procedures and tests
- Conducting routine follow-up visits for monitoring prescribed medication
- Conducting emergency consultation, evaluation or follow up visits as needed
- Collaborate with physician, clinicians, other agency providers, clinical support staff, administrative staff and community resources in meeting patient and family needs
- Provide health promotion, education and counseling for patient/families related to medication, diagnosis, health issues and coping strategies
- Maintain accurate, legible medical records and returns all assigned charts or patient data (lab reports, consultations, etc.) to medical records in a timely fashion
- Doctor of Medicine
- Valid DEA License
- License or license eligible in the State of CT with appropriate prescribing credentials and licenses.
- Relevant experience working with, evaluating, and prescribing for clients with mental and behavioral health diagnosis
- All employees at UCFS are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19
UCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Flexible hybrid schedules
- Competitive salaries
- Generous paid time off including 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, paid company holidays and 10 sick days each year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer contribution
- Paid life and disability insurance
- National Health Services Corp. Loan Repayment
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
UCFS does not just welcome diversity, we celebrate it! We strive for diversity throughout our organization to reflect and represent the communities we serve. UCFS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.