Accountable for providing clinical and/or direct care psychiatric services as a board certified advanced clinician.
- Provides direct care and clinical oversight of multi-disciplinary treatment teams
- Reviews treatment plans, clinical records, diagnoses, and client discharge plans for adherence to policies and/or JCAHO and DPH standards
- Provides education and training as indicated, e.g. case conferences; assignments
- Assesses, examines and evaluates clients for admission or discharge
- Assesses, examines, diagnoses and prescribes appropriate medications and other biologic and psychosocial treatments for clients with psychiatric illnesses and substance abuse disorders
- Performs advanced level risk assessments
- Consults on difficult and/or complex cases
- Prepares and/or reviews reports, medical records and correspondence
- Performs utilization review and management functions
- Participates in Agency meetings and Performance Improvement teams as appropriate
- Adheres to Agency policies and procedures and maintains Agency confidentiality guidelines
- Attends regular program staff meetings
- Attends weekly individual supervision. Follows all aspects of agency Supervision Plan
- Performs related duties as required
Considerable knowledge of methods and principles of behavioral health medicine; considerable knowledge of current principles and methods of assessment and treatment of clients with psychiatric illnesses and substance abuse disorders; considerable knowledge of recent developments in field of psychiatry and substance abuse including treatment models and best practices; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral, written, and computer communication skills; considerable ability to examine for, diagnose, assess and treat clients with psychiatric illnesses and substance abuse disorders; considerable ability to prescribe and conduct psychotherapy, medications and other treatments specific to psychiatric and substance abuse disorders; ability to develop a collaborative group practice environment with other psychiatrists, physicians and members of interdisciplinary teams; ability to analyze and interpret laboratory reports, x-rays and other medical and/or psychological reports and findings; administrative/supervisory ability.
Three (3) years of experience in a hospital or outpatient setting as a staff psychiatrist.
How to Apply