Psychiatric NP or LCSW to join health center in Hartford CT
Charter Oak Health Center promotes healthier communities by providing quality, safe, patient-centered health care services in medically under-served areas, regardless of ability to pay.
At Charter Oak Health Center, we like to think globally and act locally. While serving our community, we are committed to becoming a model for other health centers to emulate. Our mission guides our work every day.
Charter Oak Health Center is seeking employment of a Psychiatric Certified NP or Licensed Clinical Social Worker who is eager to work in a diverse environment. This person must have passion to work in the under-served environment and must be a team player. The individual must believe in the mission and vision of Charter Oak Health Center in order to deliver top customer service.
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Works directly as a clinician, in the office and the community, with assigned clients who experience symptoms of major mental illness and/or severe emotional disorders.
POSITION CORE COMPETENCIES:
– Establishes positive rapport and trust with clients and co-workers; demonstrates trustworthiness.
– Effectively participates as a team member to advance common team goals; demonstrates focus on collaboration.
– Effectively and respectfully works with others who have diverse traditions, beliefs, interpersonal styles, attitudes and behaviors.
– Functions effectively within the organizational and financial structures of COHC and other external systems in which they interact.
– Maintains the standards set forth by professional ethical guidelines and the code of conduct of COHC.
– Works individually and within teams to improve skills and to achieve performance goals and improve outcomes with a focus on choice & empowerment.
– Identifies, prevents and reports unsafe situations; uses appropriate procedures to assure safety environment.
– Conducts brief, evidence-based and developmentally appropriate screening and conducts or arranges for more detailed assessments when indicated.
– Creates and/or implements integrated care plans, ensures access to linked services; exchanges information among clients, family members, and providers.
– Provides range of brief, focused prevention, treatment and recovery services for clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with crisis intervention efforts and intervenes as required.
- Carries a caseload to clients including assessment, individual, group, and family therapy
- Insures clients receive treatment services that are focused on presenting problem and clients request for service. Monitors client meetings, admission, continued stay and discharge criteria.
- Insures timely completion of reports and data submission
- On call coverage during and after program hours as assigned.
- Participates in committees to improve agency service delivery and quality improvement.
In-depth clinical skill and knowledge in the following:
- Expert knowledge of assessment, diagnosis and treatment for assigned population; risk assessment, crisis management. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Demonstrated organizational and planning skills. • Demonstrates competency in age related or specialty issues and developmental needs for each population served.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a clinician preferred.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: LCSW or PMHNP in the state of CT required.
Additional Qualifications: Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.