Primary Care Nurse-LPN/RN
UCFS is looking for candidates who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others! We are currently seeking a full-time (40hr) Primary Care Nurse, RN/LPN who will utilize critical thinking skills to interpret complex information in a multidisciplinary setting to guide patients and families to health and wellbeing across the continuum of care in an outpatient setting. Requires care across the lifespan to individuals, families, caregivers, populations and communities.
- Telehealth Nursing for large outpatient practice to include nursing consultation, assessment, patient follow up and patient surveillance of health statuses and outcomes. All communication to be documented in the electronic health record.
- Follow all standards of care for Primary Care nursing including, patient assessment, nursing diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, and implementation, coordination of care, and health teaching and promotion.
- Review patient schedules daily including pre-visit planning, appropriateness of appointment, facilitate patient /provider engagement for optimum appointment experience.
- Work collaboratively with Providers, Medical Assistant Team, Nursing Team, Quality Manager, Practice Manager and Nurse Manager to ensure safe, effective and appropriate care.
- Responsible for key performance measures in Primary Care are met including utilization, productivity, and quality measures are met to assist with meeting our quality goals.
- Responds to calls from patients, pharmacies, home care agencies and family members; collaborates with school nurses, WIC colleagues, DCF and other medical departments as needed. Works collaboratively with BHS department to facilitate Primary Care and BHS integration. Completes paperwork needed by external and internal customers.
- Covers the on-call weekend/evening schedule on a rotating basis
- High School degree and LPN training course.
- One to three years of experience in a healthcare setting. Prior experience in ambulatory care strongly preferred
- CPR certified
- All employees at UCFS are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19
UCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Flexible hybrid schedules
- Competitive salaries
- Generous paid time off including 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, paid company holidays and 10 sick days each year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer contribution
- Paid life and disability insurance
- National Health Services Corp. Loan Repayment
UCFS does not just welcome diversity, we celebrate it! We strive for diversity throughout our organization to reflect and represent the communities we serve. UCFS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.