Family Centers’ mission “to empower children, adults, families and communities to realize their potential” is carried out in the School Based Health Center (SBHC) delivery of services that promote the health and educational success of school-aged children and adolescents in Stamford Public Schools.
The SBHC Coordinator is responsible for administrative oversight of the operations of the School Based Health Center Program including personnel, data accuracy, productivity, daily operations, internal and external program reporting, collaboration and coordination with Stamford Public Schools faculty and administration and other community providers, quality assurance and improvement, outreach, enrollment, education and marketing locally and statewide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in individual health center staff meetings to advise on activities, discuss cases, problem solve and monitor the efforts of staff to meet annual goals and objectives.
- Provide technical assistance to program staff regarding educational presentations, groups and curriculum development. Coordinate special projects and events sponsored by the Family Centers.
- Participate in interview and hiring process of new employees
- Implement, monitor and update orientation program for new staff.
- Coordinate the Quality Assurance Program of the School Based Health Centers including annual customer satisfaction survey.
- Oversee purchase of medical, dental and educational supplies.
- Serve on committees and/or act as liaison to community agencies, schools, other stakeholders
- Represent Stamford SBHC program at the CT Association of SBHCs
- Maintain data on the services provided by the program and generate activity reports as required by contract with grantors.
- Evaluate service delivery effectiveness and implement changes as appropriate
- Maintain a strong line of communication with VP regarding the functioning of the health centers
- Organize and facilitate Community Advisory meetings as required by funder.
- Seeks information about specific health problems in the community and initiates appropriate educational programs to meet needs.
- Maintains overall health education plan
- Works with all SBHC’s in efforts to promote health care by providing consultation, guidance and in-service programs as necessitated by student need.
- Consults and works cooperatively with Medical Director, Supervising Nurse Practitioner, Social Work Supervisor and School Administration to achieve a common goal of maximum student health and wellness.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative intra-departmental and program working relationships.
- Maintains memberships and participates in professional organizations.
- Understands and adheres to Family Centers’ Personnel standards as they appear in Personnel Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Understands and adheres to HRSA BPHC and Joint Commission guidelines
- Keeps abreast of all federal and state regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified related to job.
- Maintains and monitors culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor level with healthcare experience or Master’ Degree in a health related field.
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Proficiency and ease with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, electronic health records
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal