Exciting opportunity to join the team at Family Centers, a private, non-profit organization offering education and human services to children, adults, and families living in Lower Fairfield County.
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Junior Accountant / AP Supervisor will be responsible for processing all payables; reconciliation of cash accounts; monitoring and recording of investment accounts activity, cash receipts, and credit card activity. The supervisor has significant day-to-day interaction with the organization’s employees at all levels.
- Process all vendor invoices for payment, ensuring accurate coding by type of expense and program or department which incurred the expense; accurate coding by program is particularly important given the grant reporting the agency must undertake.
- Process all employee requests for reimbursement, including mileage reimbursement
- Collaborate with Development department and the Early Childhood Education program to assure successful utilization of merchant processing as required for the organization to support client billing, grants and funder donations
- Monitor bank accounts for incoming and outgoing wire and EFT activity; reconcile bank accounts
- Enter all daily cash receipts in cash book and General Ledger
- Confirm accuracy of general ledger codes for cash receipts and accounts payable
- Maintain cash journal spreadsheet on daily basis and accurately file cash receipts
- Reconcile fundraising event and campaign financial outcomes along with Development team.
- Review and record investment accounts activity.
- Support financial statement audits and other audits as requested in terms of schedules and documentation.
- Identify and support opportunities for efficiency improvements with respect to the position and the department’s functioning, including enhancements to use of electronic basements, more efficient bank reconciliations, etc.
- Be open and innovative with respect to using technology in new ways to streamline work flow.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- The successful candidate will have a relevant 4-year degree (Accounting or Business preferred) and at least 5 years of accounts payable experience, including 1 year in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Proficiency with at least two general ledger systems (we use Sage’s MIP).
- Non-profit experience is helpful, but not required.
- Ability to operate in high pressure, heavy work flow environment with a consistently positive attitude toward internal and external customers. This position requires flexibility and resilience.
- Ability to stay on top of heavy volume of incoming emails and payment requests.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to establish a collaborative work environment and mentor/develop subordinates.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Location: Greenwich, CT near Exit 3 off I-95 and the train station.
Rewards: salary commensurate with experience. A suite of benefits including paid time off, medical, vision, dental, FSA/dependent care/HSA benefits, gym membership, and retirement savings plan. The opportunity to work for an employer consistently rated one of the Top Workplaces in Connecticut. This opportunity for progressive development potential within the department and organization. A well-funded and managed philanthropic organization driven not by the bottom line, but by helping its clients.
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering education, health and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 200 professionals and 2,500 volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services.
Family Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package.