- Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining and treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
- Determines which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs
- Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments
- Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care
- Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients
- Orders studies, test and ancillary services
- Documents all services in patient medical record
- Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention
- Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Comply with the Infection Control plan which includes personally utilizing universal precautions. Ensure compliance by support staff.
- Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the hospital or clinic requirements
- Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing clinical staff
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations and perform miscellaneous duties as required by management.
- Participate in rotating lunch hour coverage schedule.
- Participate in teaching activities as appropriate.
- Participate in night and weekend call schedule and record patient calls according to the Principles of Practice.
- Attend patients in the hospital according to the schedule established by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Attend hospital meetings sufficient to maintain admitting privileges.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
- Performs in a tactful and professional manner
- Eligibility for hospital privileges
- Abstinence from drugs
- Medical degree in medicine from an accredited school and licensed to practice in Connecticut
- Current DEA and DPS Certificate of Registration
- Minimum two years of direct work or intern experience
How to Apply
Charter Oak Health Center