Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Reports To: COO
EEOC: ` Professionals
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Business Intelligence Analyst develops and produces information to support the operational, clinical and financial effectiveness of the Cornell Scott Hill Health Center. The Analyst will use all available resources such as the Electronic Health Record (GE Centricity), our Data Analytics tools, our claims data analysis tool, and our various business analytics support systems to provide key performance data to the leadership team and other audiences as defined. The Analyst will assist the COO in documentation and process improvement regarding Population Health Initiatives and goals.
CS-HHC’s Expectations of all Employees
- Adheres to all CS-HHC Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents CS-HHC’s Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related contacts
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and CS-HHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects data from multiple sources and uses technology to provide data analysis.
- Builds reports and dashboards that meet Population Health goals and objectives.
- Interprets data and associated reports in plain business language for executive staff. Interprets for clinical staff in a manner that has concrete relevance to their day-to-day functions.
- Documents all software, code and work products related to data and analytics.
- Identifies data quality issues, designs solutions under clinical and administrative guidance and implements in a manner that is acceptable to all stakeholders.
- Documents key operational workflows, maintains the Operational Procedures Manual.
- Maintains and develops upon existing data warehouse. Designs and maintains data reporting and delivering systems for end-users with limited technical capabilities.
- Prepare documentation and other learning support material for data reporting end users. Provide support and guidance to end users under clinical and administrative guidance.
- Formulates and applies mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions.
- Analyzes and recommends business intelligence software.
- Works with clinical, operations and financial business units to determine reporting requirements, collect data, generate actionable reports, prepare documentation and maintain reports.
- Prioritizes activities to meet time lines and other Departmental goals.
- Keeps current and develops content expertise with all features of EHR applications.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or Informatics.
Experience: 3 or more years of experience in business analytics, clinical informatics, or human services
Travel to various CS-HHC sites and within the State of Connecticut is required.
Must be able to keyboard for long periods of time
Must be able to view the computer monitor for long periods of time
Must be able to use the phone for long periods of time
Must be able to speak to groups for long periods of time
Must be able to lift and carry equipment up to 20 lbs.
How to Apply
Cornell Scott – Hill Health Center