The role of the Pharmacist is vital toward fulfilling the mission and maximizing the overall effectiveness of the Fair Haven Community Health Center (FHCHC). As a Federal Qualified Health Care facility, our pharmacists play an important clinical role in delivering medication and pharmaceutical care to an underserved community. This includes immunizations, patient consultation, medication therapy management, and management of high risk patients.
Duties and responsibilities
The Pharmacist is an integral member of the FHCHC team, working collaboratively to assist and support FHCHC providers and patients. Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacy Manager, this position is responsible for dispensing and ensuring safe and efficient delivery of medications to all customers.
- Consult with customers and providers as necessary to maintain open lines of communication.
- Facilitate Medication Therapy Management (MTM) for FHCHC patients.
- Consult with patients regarding chronic conditions such as diabetes to improve health outcomes or refer patients to care team.
- Participate in supervision of technical staff.
- Ensure pharmacy is compliant with best practices for 340B contract pharmacies.
- Provide professional consultation to FHCHC patients and prescribers.
- Complete pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ work flow; verifying preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Support Pharmacy Manager to improve quality and maintain an orderly and sanitary environment especially in the area designated to handle medications.
- Assist Pharmacy Manager to carry out processes that comply with all Federal and State statutes, rules and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy
- The pharmacist would be asked to cover PTO, vacations, etc and he/she could accept/decline at will.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy required, PharmD preferred.
- Minimum two years related pharmacy experience required. Clinical setting and 340B experience preferred.
- Pharmacist registration in the State of Connecticut is required.
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) certification or willingness to obtain within first year of employment.
- Immunization certification is preferred or willing to become a certified immunizer within 90 days of hire.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate high quality interpersonal relations and customer service skills.
Direction of Others
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.