The Patient Accounts Representative is responsible for accurately verifying, creating and maintaining patient accounts in the billing and other carrier computers, ensuring HIPAA rules and regulations are followed. The Patient Accounts Representative will assess patient and guarantor needs for financial or other assistance to facilitate payment for health related services.
CS-HHC’s Expectations of all Employees
- Adheres to all CS-HHC Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents CS-HHC’s Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related contacts
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and CS-HHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately verifies, creates and maintains patient accounts in the billing and other carrier computers
- Performs data entry as required
- Documents approved CS-HHC sliding scale fees in the billing system ensuring that the discount is correct
- Runs bills electronically and manually. Monitors all billing reports for accuracy and completion
- Performs collection and posts payments to accounts as required
- Responsible for following through on any denied claim using the established CS-HHC denial management practices
- Processes the daily insurance checks and cash payments accurately
- Accurately reconciles and records receipts and daily balance logs from all CS-HHC sites
- Assists with CS-HHC provider credentialing as directed by Patient Accounts leadership
- Participates in the billing training for other CS-HHC staff members
- Performs all other duties as required
Education: High School Diploma required with some Business courses or Medical Certificate
preferred. Associate’s Degree in Human Services or General Business desired.
Experience: At least one (1) year of experience in collections, billing or financial analysis preferred.
Knowledge/Abilities: Excellent computer skills and basic knowledge of insurance is required. Must be able to work effectively with all populations and exhibit good customer service skills when communicating in person or via telephone with patients.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand or sit for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Occasional travel within the State of Connecticut is required.
How to Apply
Cornell Scott – Hill Health Center