Optometrist to join health center in Hartford CT
****Full time or Part time***
Annual Salary Range for full time : $150,000
Charter Oak Health Center promotes healthier communities by providing quality, safe, patient-centered health care services in medically under-served areas, regardless of ability to pay.
At Charter Oak Health Center, we like to think globally and act locally. While serving our community, we are committed to becoming a model for other health centers to emulate. Our mission guides our work every day.
Charter Oak Health Center is seeking employment of an Optometrist who is eager to work in a diverse environment. This person must be friendly, a people’s person and willing to educate patients on their medication orders, if needed. The tech must believe in the mission and vision of Charter Oak Health Center in order to deliver top customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide outpatient care for patients with eye-related disorders and conditions
- Conduct routine eye examinations, including visual field tests
- Determine each patient’s visual acuity, field of vision and hand-eye coordination
- Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications
- Evaluate eye-related symptoms, such as discharge, redness and inflammation
- Prescribe corrective lenses when required
- Refer patients to board-certified ophthalmologists when required for more holistic eye care
- Educate patients on proper eye care
- Identify eye health safety factors that could impact vision, such as working around chemicals or in front of a computer
- Advise patients about proper eye hygiene and care
- State-issued license for optometry and O.D.
- preference for someone with 5+ years’ experience working as an optometrist
- Excellent customer service and organization skills
- Advanced time management skills
- Ability to diagnose and treat eye-related disorders and conditions