Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status. We are presently recruiting for a Project Manager.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget in addition to planning, designating project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed through the full life cycle. The Project Manager is also responsible for implementing all procedures adopted by Optimus Health Care that are applicable to emergent clinical and non-clinical activities as they occur or is designated as an emergency. The Project Manager has oversight of all projects related to emergent clinical and non-clinical activities to include most recent COVID-19 testing and vaccination activities, for example: contact tracing, mass vaccination planning and operations, infection control and prevention measures. This position may support other directors depending on criticality and nature of the project.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate with Chief Nursing Officer “CNO” and his/her designee in planning all vaccine and testing events
2. Oversee the operations of all COVID-19 testing and vaccination sites
3. Serve as community liaison for coordinating with community partners for testing or vaccination events/initiatives
4. Develop bi-weekly reports for the CNO on all COVID-19 related activities
5. Facilitate logistic support for opening sites for vaccination or testing sites
6. Daily monitoring of vaccine inventories utilizing either the VAMS system or CT-WIZ for both vaccination locations- Bridgeport & Stamford
7. Review vaccination schedules daily to ensure all vaccine appointment slots are filled
8. Promptly inform the vaccine clinic administrator of any vaccine shortages
9. Provide infection control guidance at COVID testing and vaccination clinic sites to prevent the spread of COVID with the support of the Infection Disease clinician and Chief Medical Officer when necessary
10. Coordinate staffing and backup staffing for clinic and testing sites in collaboration with nurse managers and practice managers
11. Participate and proactively engage in COVID-19 preparedness coordination testing and vaccination meetings, CT-DPH virtual office hours, phone calls, taskforce, and other trainings as directed locally and at state level and provide summary notes of all external meetings
12. Follow-up with clinical staff assigned to call patients with positive COVID-19 test results to ensure appropriate information is communicated and advise of next steps
13. Review COVID testing laboratory and complete data reporting for testing events and vaccinations for Connecticut Department of Public Health (CT-DPH) and Community Health Center Association of Connecticut (CHC-ACT) and prepare reports and correspondence
14. Assist with coordination of mobile teams and related vehicles for testing & vaccination
15. Work with Nurse Manager and Practice Manager of testing and vaccine sites to ensure appropriate levels of:
a. Vaccine stock
b. Vaccine administration supplies
c. Facilities issues
d. Purchase requests
e. IT equipment
16. Maintain patient confidentiality
17. Develop and maintain appropriate communication with the teams and other relevant stakeholders
18. Assist with presentations and training of staff and partners on COVID-19 education and prevention
19. Travel is required to all Optimus service areas (Stamford, Bridgeport and New Haven)
20. Perform other duties as assigned based on nature of project.
1. Manage COVID-19 preparedness activities alongside the CNO in order to make the project objectives
2. Continuously monitor and supervise COVID-19 preparedness and response activities, evaluating progress through outputs and impact
3. Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to applicable timeframes and formats.
4. Plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed throughout the projects life cycle.
The above essential duties and responsibilities are not intended as a comprehensive list; they are intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may be required to perform additional related duties.
• Must be detail-oriented-develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
• Must be organized and self-directed
• Must have excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
• Must have proficient knowledge use of technology including all Microsoft application; familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices; knowledge of EMR is an added plus
• Ability to predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
• Ability to prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
• Ability to track project costs in order to meet established budget
• Demonstrated ability to manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
• Ability to utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
• Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
• Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
• Excellent analytical skills
• Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
• Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
Graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing. Experience in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Informatics, Statistics, is a plus. Or
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college with major study in computer science or business; Public Health, Public Administration, Business Administration,
Four (4) or more years (full time equivalency) of experience working in a health services program; 5-8 years of project management and related experience
EXPERIENCE: Community health center experience preferred, Experience in clinical information systems; experience in project planning and implementation preferred; strong understanding of EMR utilization and other computer skills. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism. Demonstration of effective time management and responsiveness
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) desirable, but not required
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION: Active CT RN License and CPR Certified and/or
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Working for Optimus:
• OHC provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
• 100% Outpatient Setting
* Excellent health & welfare benefit options
• Competitive Compensation
• Optimus and its caring, multi-lingual staff proudly serve our community in a patient-centered environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Link: Job & Application Details
Optimus Health Care