Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are presently recruiting for a part-time Nutritionist for our Stamford, CT service area.
The Nutritionist will serve as the key contact in our primary care areas to educate patients on managing their chronic health issues. The primary client focus for the educator will be the general adult, pediatric and prenatal patient population receiving health care services at Optimus.
The incumbent will serve as the coordinator and communicator of our nutritional education programs to patients, referral sources, and other local agencies and programs. The Nutritionist will attend, present, or promote at educational seminars and local health fairs. The Nutritionist will demonstrate a sense of urgency and timeliness for assuring educational and management services are in place to assure clinical excellence and the delivery of high quality care to our patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote an ongoing system to referral sources to enable patients to be easily directed and engaged with Nutritionist in regular individual or group programs. Individual and group programs are structured and scheduled to promote opportunities for learning, training, and wellness improvement. 2. Provide nutritional assessments, counseling and education promoting improvement in lifestyle, nutritional choices, and health care management, while being culturally and socio-demographically sensitive. Documents and maintains patient’s electronic medical records (EMR) to reflect completeness, accuracy and compliance with all regulatory requirements and expectations. Documents outreach to no show clients.
- Involvement in pre-natal nutritional program for patients in concert with clinical colleagues, keeping appropriate documentation which measures enrollments, productivity, attendance/no-show rates, and improvement in Hemoglobin A1C tracing.
- Serve as coordinator and/or presenter, and attends local public forums and health fairs promoting improved health through nutritional education. Develop or obtain appropriate literature and collateral materials for distribution.
- Meet regularly with clinical and support colleagues to case find and provide guidance as appropriate to staff, nursing and medical team members.
- Process and prepare all bi-annual or other periodic reports, audits, or responses.
- Serve as a resource to each Optimus Healthcare clinic area and function as liaison to other nutritional programs in the community. Present in-service education to colleagues on nutritional topic as appropriate.
- Treat patients, the public and co-workers in a professional manner at all times. Nutritionist Page 2 9. Provide support to other on-site departments requiring records and documents; responds to external agencies, physicians and health care organizations within established protocols.
- May be assigned other duties and responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
Professional positive attitude, vision, understanding of customer service principals, trustworthiness, and excellent interpersonal skills to successfully accomplish tasks necessary to meet high standards of ethical and social responsibility required by this position.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION: Advanced degree is required. Certification as a Nutritionist
EXPERIENCE: Three years of related health care experience; knowledge of or education in nutritional needs of general patient population including pre-natal population; customer service focused. Previous experience in patient and community education.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bilingual: Spanish-English preferred
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic mathematical skills
REASONING ABILITY: Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrate knowledge and principals of customer service; strong positive interpersonal skills; a sense of urgency; good follow-up skills, and ability to motivate patients. LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION: Certification as a Nutritionist or Registered Dietitian
Optimus and its caring, multi-cultural staff proudly serve our community in a patient-centered environment.