Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are presently looking to add a Licensed Practical Nurse to our Primary Care team located at our Clinic Washington Blvd in Stamford.
Performs selected tasks and shares responsibility under the direction of the Nurse Manager and / or Practice Manager or a Registered Nurse and within the framework of supportive and restorative care, health counseling and teaching, case finding and referral, collaborates in the implementation of the total health care regimen, and executes the medical regimen under the direction of our licensed primary care providers. Member of a health care team responsible for working with nurses, front office, and other clinical support staff to ensure a complete and timely patient flow process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSBILITIES
- Greet patients in accordance with our established procedures.
- Relay a variety of information to the patient regarding preparation for various tests or procedures.
- Monitor patient’s general condition and takes vital signs, including weight, height, blood pressure, hearing, and vision, BMI, pain assessment, etc.
- Assist physicians with examinations, diagnostic procedures, and treatments.
- Provide basic patient care as ordered.
- Document all activities/interventions and patient/family responses into the electronic medical record to reflect completeness, accuracy and compliance with all regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Promote wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating primary care provider’s advice/instructions.
- Adhere to infection control and safety guidelines, and confidentiality and privacy policies.
- Maintain standard exam room inventories for medical and clerical supplies as needed.
- Support the needs of the unit ensuring compliance to all regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Make internal and external specialist referrals and maintains logs of those referrals that require tracking.
- Assist with our reporting requirements: i.e. UDS report, TB & STD referrals other reporting data to the local and state DPH.
- Assist patient’s and providers with English-Spanish /or English Creole translations as needed.
- Assist uninsured and underinsured families with locating entitlement programs by referring them to in-house eligibility personnel or external sources as needed.
- Participate in community health fairs in churches, schools, and other events to identify persons in need of a medical home that can provide them with comprehensive adult or pediatric healthcare.
- Participate in clinical team meetings; pre-work for clinical visits / huddles in preparation for patient visits and to support teamwork.
- Maintain an organized, clean, efficient and confidential work area.
- Perform other related duties as required.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Professional positive attitude, vision, understanding of customer service principals, trustworthiness, and excellent interpersonal skills to successfully accomplish tasks necessary to meet high standards of ethical and social responsibility required by this position. In addition:
- Knowledge of basic nursing principals and protocols.
- Knowledge of policies & procedures regarding documentation in the electronic health record
- Skill in appropriate screenings and assistive techniques.
- Skill in appropriate use of the universal precautions, safe workplace, confidentiality methods.
- Skill in health information management by appropriately charting patient data.
- Ability to appropriately interact with patients, families, staff, and others.
- Ability to appropriately respond to changing demands.
- Ability to understand Optimus Health care Inc.’s chain of command according to our table of organization.
- Ability to practice within the Licensed Practical Nurse scope of care according to the State of Connecticut statute.
- Must possess a valid current State of Connecticut Licensed Practical Nurse license.
- Requires the ability to drive to satellites to provide clinical coverage and to attend committee meetings.
EDUCATION: Graduated from an accredited school of Licensed Practical Nursing.
EXPERIENCE: 1 -3 years’ experience a plus. Ability to work well with diverse and special populations.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bi-lingual English / Spanish is a plus
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic mathematical skills as it relates to medication calculations.
REASONING ABILITY: Critical thinking skills, ability to create positive motivation. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Collaborates with the clinical nursing staff and primary care providers in the delivery of care.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION: Valid and current LPN license to practice in the State of Connecticut.
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Follows up as appropriate with supervisor and co-workers regarding reported complaints, problems, and concerns.
- Promotes positive public relations with patients, family members, and guests.
- Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency on, or be able to quickly absorb the requirements of computerized applications in a medical office setting.
Working for Optimus:
- OHC provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
- 100% Outpatient Setting
- Excellent health & welfare benefit options
- Competitive Compensation
- Optimus and its caring, multi-lingual staff proudly serve our community in a patient-centered environment.