Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford, Stratford and Milford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are presently recruiting for Internal Medicine Physicians to provide medical care to adult patients in our Bridgeport or Stamford clinics.
About this Position:
Manage and treat common health problems, such as infections, influenza and pneumonia, as well as serious, chronic, and complex illnesses. Patients range in age from older adolescents to the elderly. Delivers care appropriate for a primary care community health center with multicultural, multilingual patient population.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Treat internal disorders, such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, and problems of the lung, brain, kidney, and gastrointestinal tract.
2. Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
3. Prescribe or administer medication, therapy, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
4. Provide and manage long-term, comprehensive medical care, including diagnosis and nonsurgical treatment of diseases, for adult patients in an office or hospital.
5. Manage and treat common health problems, such as infections, influenza and pneumonia, as well as serious, chronic, and complex illnesses, in adolescents, adults, and the elderly.
6. Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
7. Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
8. Make diagnoses when different illnesses occur together or in situations where the diagnosis may be obscure.
9. Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
10. Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
11. Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary
12. May direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
13. See patients, during assigned sessions both scheduled and unscheduled, (which may include one evening per week). Though sessions have defined hours, it may be necessary to work later if patient flow is especially heavy.
14. Provide coverage to patients admitted to community hospitals and formulates appropriate plan for follow-up and r
15. Provide additional coverage as needed at Optimus or during nights or weekends during vacation, leave or short-term illness of fellow staff.
16. Participate in Medical Staff Meetings and on Optimus committees such as Performance Improvement, Infection Control etc.
17. Participate in quality assurance procedures such as audits/peer review.
• Candidate must have a medical degree from an accredited Medical School
• Completion of a Residency from an accredited institution specializing in Internal Medicine
• Current Connecticut Licensure or application in process.
• Must be Board Certified or Eligible to sit for exam.
• Familiarity and prior experience with Tele-Medicine preferred
How to Apply
CME Days & $ Stipend, generous PTO
403B Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Contribution
FTCA Malpractice Insurance
NHSC Student Loan Repayment, if eligible
Working for Optimus:
OHC provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
Excellent health and welfare benefits.
Optimus and its caring, multi-lingual staff proudly serve our community in a patient-centered environment.
OPTIMUS HEALTH CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Optimus Health Care