Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford, Stratford and Milford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are presently recruiting for a Full-Time Internal Medicine Physician to act as Clinical Coordinator for our Park City site, located in Bridgeport, CT
The Clinical Site Coordinator will provide clinical care and oversight for patient and health service delivery of a designated Optimus site. The Clinical Site Coordinator with assistance from the Practice Manager will provide coordination and facilitation of operations between the designated site and Optimus Health Care, Inc. The Clinical Site Coordinator will work cooperatively under the supervision and direction of the Chief Medical Officer and or respective Site Medical Director if applicable.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSBILITIES (Include but not limited to):
- Assists in diagnosing the health needs of the patient population and community as a basis for health planning and developing new programs.
- Enable development, implementation, and operation of a quality assurance program as it relates to patient care.
- The individual must have 3 to 4 years in clinical management of a staff of 5 or more Clinical Providers.
- Provides clinical supervision along with the Clinical Nurse for the practice.
- Manages the functions of Peer Reviews and Competency Evaluations for clinical staff at the OHC under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer and Director of Nursing serving as a primary rater (or reviewing officer where additional levels of supervision exist).
- Together with the senior staff, the Clinical Site Coordinator will participate in the periodic review of practice management function, e.g. reception, telephone triage, patient flow, outreach services, laboratory, pharmacy, follow-up on missed appointments, referral tracking and HRSA guidelines.
- The Clinical Site Coordinator will review clinical patient complaints with Practice Managers and will have access to results of OHC’s patient satisfaction surveys.
- Attend meetings of the clinic departments, arrange and conduct regular monthly meetings of clinical providers to ensure effective communication and compliance of HRSA requirement, and Joint Commission mandates. Works collaboratively with the members of senior staff on operational policies and procedures.
- Manages the work schedules of Provider Staff in collaboration with the CMO, Practice Manager and the COO. This includes on-call and hospital rounding schedules. Schedule clinical assignments, rotations, call leave, etc.
- Responsible for evaluation and competency assessments of clinical staff and works with CMO and Compliance Office to ensure staff is credentialed, privileged and are current with required certifications.
EDUCATION: MD Degree from an accredited Medical School. Documented completion of a Residency Program from an accredited institution in an appropriate specialty. Board Certified and eligible for admitting privileges at St. Vincent’s Hospital and/or Bridgeport Hospital.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bilingual Spanish Helpful
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION: Must be in possession of a valid license to practice in the State of Connecticut. Board certified or board eligible in a respective discipline.
Working for Optimus:
- OHC provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
- Excellent employer paid benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Optimus and its caring, multi-lingual staff proudly serve our community in a patient-centered environment.
Optimus Health Care is a Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care