Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their ability to pay.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Controller to join our Finance department in Bridgeport, CT
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and consistency of data for Financial Reporting, Grant Management and Reporting, Cash and Debt Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Prepaids, Fixed Assets, Accruals and all aspects of the General Ledger, while directing the preparation and timely delivery of financial reports to Senior Leadership and the Finance Committee and Board of Directors. Controller directs the Center’s annual and month-end closing, ensuring that accounts are properly reconciled, highlight inconsistencies or unusual transactions. Create reports for government agencies. Prepare and report financial statements that conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and regulatory requirements. Responsible for ensuring that financial statements adhere with Leadership’s recommendations, auditor’s requirements and industry practices.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in Optimus’ Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-outstanding, patient-centered, trustworthy, integrity, multicultural, understanding, and supportive -help guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the Assistant Controller and Finance team.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of internal and external consolidated financial reports, including but not limited to the annual report’s GAAP balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and footnotes to the financial statement, in addition to monthly reports on the balance sheet and income statement budget and comparison to prior year variances on a departmental basis.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly Finance Committee, Board and management reporting including management dashboard reporting and KPI’s.
- Responsible for drafting, establishing, maintaining, implementing, and communicating company-wide financial, grant and accounting policies (including Federal flow down provisions, Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA) protocols and reporting requirements), procedures and work standards.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the general ledger and the resulting consolidation, including the health center and the company’s Foundation, and any other entities that may be established.
- Responsible for preparation of schedule of Federal Awards and State Assistance for Center’s Federal, state and local grants in accordance with Federal and State guidelines.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of the annual Medicaid Cost report, Medicare Cost report and Uniform Data System (UDS) reporting related to the Center’s Federal grants, etc.
- Review biweekly payroll, and ensure payroll and related fringe accruals (i.e., medical, 403(b), vacation, etc.) are performed monthly.
- Prepare or oversee the annual 1099/1096 filings.
- Review Form 990
Strong leadership skills
Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
Demonstrated ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Access: proficient with Fund EZ, Great Plains and other accounting software
Strong organizational and time management skills
Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting, balancing and reconciliations.
EDUCATION: BA in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, MBA, CPA/ or CMA is preferred
EXPERIENCE: Sufficient accounting systems, internal controls and accounting knowledge including the areas of general accounting, journal entries report preparation, accounts receivable, fixed asset, consolidations, financial preparation and reporting, as well as an understanding of tax reporting for non-profit organization gained through 10+ years progressive experience.
Working for Optimus
- OHC provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
- Excellent health & welfare benefits
- Competitive compensation
Optimus and its caring, multicultural staff proudly serve our community in a patient-centered environment.
All employees of Optimus Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject only to the limited exemptions required by law.
OPTIMUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care