Community Health Services, Inc. is looking for an experienced OB/Gyn Physician for our Women’s Health clinic. The OB/Gyn Physician provides comprehensive primary health care including health promotion and disease prevention activities for CHS OB/Gyn patients.
The successful candidate will have :
- Be a graduate from an accredited medical school with a valid license to practice medicine in the state of Connecticut
- Have or be eligible to obtain a valid DEA and state narcotic registration
- Possess a deep knowledge of professional practice coupled with a record of providing high quality, comprehensive dental care to patients according to established standards, protocols and practices
- Demonstrate the ability to provide culturally competent care to a diverse patient population in a collaborative environment.
- Be able to make evidence-based clinical decisions and comply with department and organizational quality measures
- Have time management skillsable to maintain the timely flow of patients
- Possess experience and skill working with electronic health record systems
- Be able to maintain timely, thorough and accurate written clinical documentation
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively with patients, peers, and other stakeholders both orally and in writing
- Provides or directly oversees colposcopy services and other gynecological procedures appropriate in the outpatient setting.
- Provides or directly oversees prenatal services for high-risk pregnant patients, or co-manages such patients with St. Francis High Risk Team.
- Provides required gynecological and obstetrical surgical procedures for patient both inpatient and ambulatory; or arranges for other surgeons to provide these services, and co-manages care with them
- Participates in on-call coverage at St. Francis Hospital for CHS patients and any mutual cross coverage, to include OB services, GYN services, ER coverage, and surgeries for CHS patients.
- Follows established health center procedures for patient billing and reimbursement.
- Participates in quality assurance and other committee activities as assigned.
- Supervises advanced practice providers as assigned
- Have proven success handling confidential information
- Have a resourceful, problem-solving attitude and the willingness to be accountable
- Be comfortable working with diverse patient and staff populations and have alignment with the organizational mission
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Community Health Services