Directing, organizing and supervising the work of the nursing staff, which typically includes registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), and medical assistants (MAs).
Duties and responsibilities
The Nurse Manager will coordinate nursing efforts to ensure that effective patient care is being provided and that quality standards are met. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Collaborate and lead within the Patient Care Team
- Participate in Pod Functions such as huddles and Pod Meetings.
- Participate in Team and Departmental Meetings.
- Oversee Team flow and assist the session in running on time by delegating appropriate tasks to maximize efficient use of time. iv. Address patient complaints or concerns.
- Work with the Nurse Manager to review clinician and room assignments including support staff coverage.
- Supervise the Clinical Assistant and provide to assure completion of job responsibilities.
- Complete annual clinical competencies and performance reviews for direct report(s).
- Provides goal oriented coaching, counseling and other forms of support to direct report(s).
- Demonstrates the principles of good management and communication skills.
- Phone/electronic message follow-up.
- Place calls to patients to answer questions, conduct an assessment, or review lab results, as directed by the PCP.
- Assist in completing patient forms, as needed. d. Care Coordination
- Manage anticoagulation therapy for Coumadin Patients.
- Work closely with VNA nurses for new referrals and ongoing patient care.
- Coordinate specialty services for patients with internal and external providers.
- Patient Assessment & Intervention
- Assists with Initial patients by documenting Medical History, Medications,
- Allergies and other relevant details in collaboration with the PCP.
- Conducts Nursing Triage on the phone and in the office, collaborating with the Nursing Team and Clinicians as needed.
- Administers medications/vaccines and performs clinical procedures per standing order or clinician written order.
- Perform medication reconciliation by phone or in office for established patients.
- Carries out assessments and interventions identified in panel management meetings.
- Patient Education
- Provide Health Education by phone or at the end of an office visit.
- As needed, conclude the office visit with a review of the After Visit Summary and any relevant interventions.
- g. Positively contribute to Fair Haven Community Health Center
- i. Ensure patient confidentiality and safety.
- ii. Adhere to all Health, Safety and Infection Control Protocols.
- iii. Provide excellent customer service and culturally competent care.
- iv. Engage in performance improvement activities and act as an agent of
- positive change by looking for innovative ways to improve processes and advance clinical excellence.
- v. Positively represent FHCHC to internal and external clients.
- h. Perform other necessary duties as required by FHCHC to achieve the goal of
- providing excellent primary health care in a Medical Home.
- Current Connecticut License as Registered Nurse preferred or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with minimum 5 years of experience in a fast paced primary care setting.
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing School.
- 2 years’ work experience in primary care preferred.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability and excellent skills to independently carry out
- Assignments and nursing tasks.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology and relevant procedures.
- Excellent written, electronic and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Portray a pleasant and respectful attitude when: communicating with
- Coworkers, patients, and internal and external clients; accepting direction and delegated tasks; and receiving constructive criticism.
- Strong computer skills.
- Oral and written proficiency in English.
- Bi-lingual with fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Hours of Operations; Monday’s – Friday’s 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Occasional Weekends and Selected Holidays