The Registered Nurse is part of the team concept in Norwalk Community Health Center’s health delivery system. S/he delivers primary care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
1. Improve patient outcomes, and deliver quality care within practice areas as assigned. Ensure all clinical care is delivered in a manner that meets or exceeds goals and expectations for clinical outcomes, quality assurance standards, and patient satisfaction
2. Perform an assessment based on the patient’s diagnosis, reason for entry into system and care needs. Utilize the nursing process to plan, perform, delegate and evaluate the delivery of nursing care.
3. Provide counsel, support, advice, and support to patients and their families.
4. Complete all patient charting, and ensure all patient records are current and complete
5. Conducts nursing triage per NCHC policy, collaborating with the nursing team and providers as needed.
6. Administers medications/ vaccines and performs clinical procedures per standing order or as ordered, and performs medication reconciliation.
7. Attend meetings, patient conferences, planning sessions, related to quality assurance, patient care, and other related topics within the clinic.
8. Attend seminars and maintain all licensure requirements for continuing education and best practices.
9. Participate in quality strategies to evaluate compliance with standards and to identify opportunities to improve patient outcomes.
10. Stay current with knowledge, concepts, practices, and skills appropriate for the clinical area assigned.
11. Ensure all patient charts and related documentation are maintained current and relevant at all time.
12. Promotes attainment of specified goals through health education to patients/families, and health care personnel.
13. Provides general oversight to Medical Assistants and Clinical Service Representatives (CSR) to ensure completion of job responsibilities.
14. Provides goal oriented coaching, counseling, mentoring, or other forms of support to clinical support staff.
15. Ensure all care and nursing practices are conducted consistent within current, relevant standards, as well as state and local laws and regulations, and related professional standards.
1. Demonstrate a high level of skill at building relationships and customer service.
2. Demonstrate interpersonal savvy and influence skills in managing difficult clients and patients.
3. Demonstrate high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of medicine and associated charting requirements.
4. Requisite skills and ability to perform certain medical tasks as assigned
5. Demonstrate a high level of problem solving skill to better serve patients and staff.
6. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
7. Ability to utilize computers for data entry and information retrieval.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Ability to implement, and evaluate operational and administrative processes.
• Provides clinical leadership support to the care team and interdisciplinary team.
• Graduation from an accredited nursing program
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Current State of Connecticut licensure as a Registered Nurse
• Demonstrated experience developing personal practice guidelines that are dependent on knowing what the aspects of the situation look and sound like in actual patient situations.
• Demonstrated success in providing clinical care and nursing support within an organization of comparable pace and complexity.
• Demonstrated success in managing difficult patient/customer situations.
• Significant knowledge of medical practices and procedures within in a primary care environment.
• Demonstrated success and experience with direct patient services and the proper knowledge and use of medical devices and equipment.
• Demonstrated success and familiarity with tools, technology, and systems typical found within most progressive health care environments (i.e. personal computer skills, spreadsheets, word processing, patient records systems, EMR systems, etc.)
Normal ambulatory care working environment. Sitting, standing and walking approximately 80% of the time. A medium to high level of manual dexterity required. Bending and reaching required. Normal overtime/extended work hours.
Blood borne pathogen exposure risk
Category I: Job classification includes ALL employees who have occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (blood or body fluids) while performing their job duties.
Norwalk Community Health Center Mission, Vision and Values
To provide quality, innovative care that enriches the lives our patients
To lead our community toward the achievement of the best possible health
The work of Norwalk Community Health Center is guided and informed by our beliefs and commitment to:
Compassion – we feel solidarity with our patients and our coworkers; we feel one another’s joy and sorrow.
Respect – we treat patients, guests, and fellow associates with sensitivity and empathy.
Dignity – we acknowledge each individual, their cultural diversity and that of the community we serve.
Quality – we strive to deliver the highest quality service by continuously improving our services and processes.
Excellence – we endeavor to become the benchmark, putting forth our personal and professional best.
Limitations and Disclaimers:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor or other clinic management in compliance with Federal and State laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
How to Apply
Norwalk Community Health Center