Family Centers Healthcare seeks an energetic and compassionate individual to join the team at Family Centers, non-profit organization offering health care, education and human services to children, adults, and families living in Lower Fairfield County. The health center provides primary healthcare, dental and mental health services to those living in Greenwich Public Housing communities and the surrounding neighborhoods.
The Medical/Dental Floater performs various duties to support the Medical and Dental team. Responsibilities include but not limited to supporting the medical/dental care and COVID Team, performing general office and administrative operations at the health centers and during COVID Popup Testing Events. The position reports to the Coordinator and Manager. Opportunity to become a Dental or Medical Assistant. We’ll provide study materials and test cost. Flexible schedule. This is a good opportunity for High School Seniors, and College students.
- Sterilize and maintain equipment and instruments.
- Prepares exam room for next patient & physician needs.
- Schedule appointments, answers calls, and follows up with specialist and dental labs
- Assists the Dentist chair side, including passing and receiving of instruments, oral evacuation and retraction and preparation of materials. Takes x-rays under direction of Dentist. (Certified Assistants)
- Maintains appointment books, schedules patients, and medical/dental appointments to organize office visits and meetings ensuring adequate provider coverage and smooth patient flow and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain logs for equipment maintenance and safety required by Department for Infection Control.
- Run appropriate tests to monitor their function.
- Work with staff, internal/external medical providers, and patients to reach healthcare goals and provide excellent quality of care through care coordination.
- Process dental laboratory cases and maintains laboratory log.
- Process laboratory specimens for area reference laboratories, accurately complete and process lab requisitions and maintains laboratory log.
- Perform daily set up, stocking, labeling, cleaning of all clinical areas and equipment (including the washing and sterilization of instruments) and documents accordingly.
- Engage in all offered training, consultations and supervisions made available.
- Fully and professionally respond to and implement directives and advice offered by all supervisory and training personnel, as well as professionally offered feedback from coworkers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bilingual (Spanish) is strongly preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must possess oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Excellent customer service/ communication skills
- Excellent multitasker and team oriented
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and to willingness learn
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to bend without restrictions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must have excellent hand/eye coordination
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle
Family Centers is an EOE and salary is commensurate with experience and offers a generous benefits package.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website: www.familycenters.org Opens a New Window.
Special Note: As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our community and beyond, it is Family Centers’ commitment to the safety of employees, contractors, volunteers, patients, clients, and student interns, by requiring proof of vaccinations for COVID-19 (or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file).